Kili- Sock Sliding (c)

"Hey Kee," you shouted as you slid past the doorway to the room Kili was sat in.

Once you stopped sliding you did another run up before sliding again in the same hallway.

"Hello Kili," you shouted.

As the momentum stopped you turned back to now see Kili stood in the doorway looking confused as to what the hell you were doing.

"Y/N, may I ask what in Mahal's name are you doing?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sock sliding would you like to join me?" you called from the other end of the hallway.

You ran for a second before sliding past Kili, spinning as you stopped so that you were facing the young prince again.

Erebor had been your home since it had been reclaimed. As you had accompanied the company to reclaim the kingdom King Thorin offered you a home in the palace. Of course you took up that offer. You had nowhere else to go, and since you had lived here Thorin regretted his choice, as you and Kili had continuously been up to mischief.

Luckily for you, today they had polished the floors in the halls of the palace and you discovered that if you ran in your socks you slid across the shiny flooring.

"How do you do it?" Kili questioned walking over to you.

"Take off your shoes, and then just run and you will slide," you grinned, "just try not to fall over."

He hesitated for a moment before slipping off his boots, leaving his feet only in his socks.

You grinned at the prince once more before taking off running back down the hallway, letting yourself slide across the floor. Kili followed behind you, laughing along the way.

The two of you raced down the hallways allowing the fabric of your socks to slide across the freshly shined flooring.

"Why have we never done this before?" he squealed.

"Because they haven't shined the floors before I don't think," you shrugged.

He laughed running ahead of you but that's when it all began to go downhill. First of all you saw his arms begin to flail in the air. You didn't really know why first of all, but then his legs began to move in odd angles, kicking up into the air. Soon enough he completely lost his balance, his legs flying into the air, and then gravity took its toll and he fell over landing onto his back.

Although you saw the whole scene unfold you couldn't stop. You were sliding too fast and you collided with him. Instantly, as soon as you hit his lying form you fell down, landing awkwardly on top of him.

For a moment you froze. You were sprawled out on the youngest Prince's chest, both of you groaning in pain, just that wasn't the worst part of that ordeal.

As you opened your eyes you could see feet in front of you. Holding your breath you look up the body of the person stood in front of you. Your eyes looked over him until you reached his face and your worst nightmare occurred.

There stood Thorin, King under the Mountain.

"What do you two think you are doing?"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.