Elrond- Sleepless Night (c)

Rivendell held more beauty than you had ever seen throughout Middle Earth. Granted everywhere you had been, had its own unique beauty, but as soon as you set foot in Rivendell you had fell breathless by what you had the pleasure to witness. Now having the opportunity to call such a place you home, seemed of the highest graces, only simply excelled by the fact that you were to marry the benevolent Lord of Rivendell.

Although you were stunned by what was before you, it had led to several sleepless nights since you had moved in. Most nights you had been content in your fiancé's arms feigning rest, before later falling into a blissful slumber. Tonight wasn't so kind to you though. You felt restless and needed some fresh air before you could possibly think about dreaming the night away.

Sneaking off to the balcony attached to your shared chambers, you grasped the cool railing looking out to the moon kissed lake before you. Even if you had trouble sleeping, at least there was a view for you to look at whilst you succumbed to your thoughts.

You stood there for a while allowing the cool breeze to hit your barely covered skin, only being knocked from your tired thoughts by the voice of the man you love.

"Hello my love," his soft voice spoke from behind you.

You paused, turning slightly to see him. He hesitantly approached you, seeming as though he didn't want to scare you away.

He crossed the balcony gently putting a hand to your side, doing his best to carefully approach you.

"Why aren't you in bed?" He asked calmly.

Elrond moved closer, to wrap his arms around you, pulling you to his chest. He delicately placed a kiss to your cheek. You leant into his embrace, grateful for the closeness he granted you and appreciative of the warmth he provided to fight against the cold air out on the balcony.

"I couldn't sleep," you whispered, barely audible over the soft noise of the breeze. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Nonsense. Why didn't you wake me?"

You let out a soft sigh, allowing your hand to rest on top of his, brushing your fingers over his skin.

"I didn't want to bother you. I planned to be back before you'd notice. But being out here is so calming. Rivendell is beautiful, it is undeniable," you smiled softly.

A soft chuckle rumbled through his chest as he placed another kiss to your cheek.

"It is beautiful here, but you behold a much stronger beauty my dear."

Your cheeks glossed over with a reddish tinge of mere embarrassment due to how sweet Elrond could be.

"How do I deserve someone as perfect as you?" You asked, your heart swelling at how much you cared for each other.

"I am far from perfect. However you are the closest thing to perfection in the whole of Middle Earth."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.