Faramir- Return (c)

It had been too long since you had been back to Gondor. You had been courting Faramir for a few years now, but with his conflicts with his father and the fact that you had to travel to do business for your sick father, you hadn't been wed yet. Being forced to travel to Rohan in the name of your Father's trade, you hadn't been home for a fair bit of time unable to see your one true love.

Faramir did offer to join you, but it was for the best if he stayed to try and appease his Father, not that either of you could ever consider that Denethor would agree with him in any matters at hand. As your horse approached your home land, you saw the man you loved approaching you.

You slowed by his side, him smiling up at you. He offered you his hand, which you took gratefully, swinging your leg over the horse's back so you were sat sideways. Faramir reached his arms up to rest on your hips so that he could lift you from your horses back. You rested your hands on his shoulders as he lowered you to the ground. He held you slightly above the floor, so that he could press his lips lovingly to yours.

"Welcome back my Love," he smiled, setting your feet back on the floor. "Did you travel well?"

"Yes. It was a long journey, but I am thankful to be home," you said contently.

"Would you like to take a walk, my lady?" He asked offering his arm.

You looped your arm with his, a smile prominent on your face.

"I would love to."

The two of you walked towards the decorative gardens of Gondor, arms linked, happily being by each other's side once more. Once you walked a fair distance you stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings.

"I have truly missed you. Every day that has passed, pained my heart, but gave me hope knowing it was a day closer to your return," he said softly, his cheeks becoming slightly crimson.

You smiled at the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"I am sorry to have been gone so long," you whispered. "I have no intentions to leave again. If I must travel for my Father, I shall not go unless you are by my side."

He nodded his head softly. You moved your hands back to his shoulders, trying to steady yourself so that you could stand on your tiptoes so that you could press a gentle kiss to his stubble covered chin, unable to actually reach his lips.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.