Bofur- Words (c)

"What are you even doing here? You aren't a dwarf, you're just a human. We are a family, and you will never be part of that," he hissed, "You aren't meant to be here."

Your breath hitched in your throat as you tried to fight back the tears. Usually you didn't let peoples words get to you, but this time was an exception, his words really hurt you.

"Okay."

That's all you could trust your lips to form. You span on your heel and fought your way past the rest of the company that gave you shocked and pitiful looks.

Once you got past all of the dwarves you hastily walked away from them before propping yourself onto a log and let your emotions show. A strained sob escaped your lips as the tears fell down your cheeks.

You leant your elbows on your knees as you hung your head forward, and held your face in your hands. You continued to sob until you heard a noise behind you.

Instantly you sprang to your feet. One of your arms flew to your face to wipe your tears on your sleeve, whilst the other hand went to your belt to pull out the sword you had there. You held up your sword towards to direction of the crunching leaves.

Out of the overgrowth appeared the dwarf you wanted to see least.

"Y/N."

His voice was soft but sounded slightly pained.

"Bofur, please don't do this. You've said enough for a lifetime. I can't listen to you anymore," you whispered still feeling as though your voice would betray you.

"No, I'm not here to shout at you. I came to apologise. I had no right to say anything I did lass. I didn't mean any of that. I was annoyed and I took it out on you," he said softly, "I never wanted to hurt you. I love you too much, to ever want to see you upset or hurt, and it is killing me to know I am to blame for your pain."

You looked at Bofur, trying to see if he was sincere. His face was pained and you could see the lines on his cheeks from where he had been crying. You also didn't like seeing him upset, you loved him dearly but what he said really hurt you.

"You hurt me Bofur. Why did you say those things? Your words hurt me," you whispered.

"I was upset. The others were annoying me more than usual and some things they once said about you came back and it just came out. I want you here Y/N. I love you. You have always been part of this company, this family. I never want to make you cry, and I will forever do my best to keep your beautiful smile on your face."

You couldn't help the smile creeping onto your face.

"I don't forgive you just yet, but I love you, and I can forgive you if you make it up to me," you whispered smiling softly.

He chuckled stepping closer to you resting his hand on your arm.

"Can I kiss you?" he smiled.

You nodded. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.