Bilbo Baggins- Protect (h)

Growing up in a place where not much changed was easy enough but it definitely meant there were surprises when something new came along.

The Shire had always been the place where everything was just as it was, and no one ever tried to change it.

Even though you and Bilbo had only been married for a couple of years, you'd both lived in Bag End all your lives but of course you weren't prepared for the change that Gandalf had brought about.

You weren't expecting for Bilbo to want to bring you along, but he was very adamant about the company allowing you to join them.

Six months into the journey – your lives had changed drastically.

There were no more routines, not that much eating during the day and just taking each day as it happened.

Kili had invited you to learn a bit more about fighting with him and his brother, which was a good idea considering you had no clue what was going to happen with the whole adventure thing.

After spending a while with the brothers, you'd ended up with many more bruises than you'd started with and a gash down your arm.

Kili had frequently apologised since it had happened but of course it wasn't his fault – you'd agreed to learn something from them and getting hurt was always going to be a possibility.

You knew that you needed to tell Bilbo so as soon as you got back to camp, you went to find your husband who was sat minding his own business.

"Hello, my dear," he greeted you as you walked up.

Smiling at him, you sat down next to him. "Honey, I've got some good news and some bad news," you told him.

His brow furrowed in confusion. "What's the good news?"

You shrugged with a smile on your face. "I will never do it again."

"What won't you do again?"

Sighing, you pulled up your sleeve and showed him the gash that Kili had caused.

His eyes grew at the wound. "How did that happen?!"

"Kili and Fili wanted to show me how to fight, and Kili tripped with his sword and he got my arm."

He shook his head. "That wasn't a good idea my dear," he reminded you gently.

"I did say I will never do it again," you responded causing him to laugh.

"Of course, you won't because you don't need to fight."

"Love, we're out on an adventure where we don't know what we're doing, and I might need to defend myself."

Bilbo sighed before he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "I want to protect you by myself."

You smiled at him. "You will protect me Love; you always do."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.