Bard- Drowning (c)

You coughed and spluttered as your eyes shot open. You looked around to find out what was going on, all you could see was trees and a river. From the fabric that clung to your skin you presumed the river had something to do with why you were lying on the floor.

On top of you was a man with his head resting on your shoulder, breathing almost as deeply as you was. He looked up with a smile, letting out a laugh as he cupped your cheeks. As your breathing became less laboured you smiled up at your husband, with a loving look.

"Bard," you croaked.

"Oh my love, you are okay," he smiled leaning in and kissing you passionately.

"I love you Bard," you whispered as he pulled away.

He smiled down at you removing the strands of hair from being attached to your face.

"I love you too Y/N," he grinned, "I love you so much."

"Thank you for saving me," you sighed.

"You're welcome," he said softly, "but never make me do it again."

You let a soft laugh escape your lips as you looked up at the man you loved.

"I'll do my best not to drown again," you chuckled.

He frowned at you, but you knew he wasn't really upset or angry, although he was probably slightly upset that you had almost died.

"You scared me so much my love. I thought I had lost you. I don't know what I would have done if I lost you. I love you so much, you are my light, you make everything so much better," he whispered caressing your cheek with his damp hand.

You smiled softly at him leaning up and pressing your hand to his cheek rubbing your thumb in light circles.

"I apologise. I didn't mean to scare you. I would not know what to do if you ever died. I love you more than words can express. I won't purposely scare you again as long as you never scare me like that either," you said, "I don't know how I could possibly survive without you by my side."

He chuckled running a hand through your hair.

"Although I love our moment here, can I get up as my back is cramping," you groaned.

He laughed at you standing up. He put out his hands for you. You grabbed hold of them and let Bard pull you onto your feet. Your legs were shaky but he wrapped his arms around you and kept you steady.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.