Kili- Kiss (c)

You never realised he'd be so persistent. You had made a deal with him and he had made it his mission to complete it. You were living in Erebor after the two princes begged their uncle to let you live there. You had insisted that it wasn't necessary but really you had nowhere else to go.

When the company came to reclaim Erebor you had assisted them, even though you were human. Thorin wasn't impressed and although you had helped him he still didn't want you to live in his kingdom which you completely understood, but he gave in and allowed you to stay.

Since you had been staying Kili had been flirting with you and he had asked you to court him just you couldn't say yes to that. You liked him, but you knew a relationship with him would be impossible. He was the Prince of Erebor, whereas you were just a poor human. Thorin would never allow your relationship, and neither of you wanted to speak to him about the matter.

So you offered him a deal. If he could kiss you then you'd speak to Thorin yourself about allowing you and Kili to court, but if he couldn't kiss you then he would have to ask him himself.

You knew he wasn't going to be able to naturally seen as the top of his head barely reached your shoulders. He took on that deal though.

He had tried climbing onto things, tried to trick you to bend down and he had even tried jumping up and down.

It had been a couple of days and he still hadn't figured out what to do, but he had been very persistent in trying. That was why it was a shock when you saw him sat at the dining table looking sad.

"What is wrong Kili?" you asked softly sitting next to him.

"I am never going to be able to kiss you. You are too tall, and I do not wish to speak with my uncle, he will kill me, he will not kill you," he sighed.

You chuckled at him resting a hand on his shoulder.

"There was something you never tried whilst trying to kiss me," you smiled.

"What?" he asked, looking you in the eyes.

"You never asked."

His face lit up.

"Y/N, can I kiss you?" he grinned.

"You may."

He rested a hand on your face, now that you were level as you were sat down. Cupping your cheek he leaned in pressing his lips to yours.

The kiss was soft and sweet. He pulled away after a moment still grinning like a maniac.

"I guess I need to speak with your uncle," you sighed, smiling softly.

"I shall join you."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, if I am able to wake up to your beautiful face, kiss you and spend the rest of my life with you, it's worth speaking to him," he smiled.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.