Kili- Married (h)

Charlotte's P.O.V

I ran my hand through my hair for probably around the twentieth time as I lay in bed. I just couldn't sleep and that wasn't unusual for me.

I could rarely sleep unless I did so much during the day that I was physically exhausted by the time night fell. But me being me; I stay in the library most days just reading until Kili comes to find me to spend some time together or Kili's mother comes to find me with the intention of doing some more wedding planning which just wasn't something I wanted to do every single minute of every single day.

I carefully removed my fiancée's arm from my waist before I climbed out of bed. I sighed to myself and attempted to open the glass door to the balcony quietly, because I don't want to wake Kili, before stepping out.

One perk of living in the palace was having a balcony. When I couldn't sleep I came out here as it was always quiet at night and it was something that I found relaxing.

I have lived in the palace with Kili since we got engaged and that was probably around 1 to 2 years ago now. Kili and I are to be married within the next moth and I wanted to stay at my family home until I was married but Kili can be extremely persistent when he wants to be.

However I do enjoy living with Kili, it was nice to wake up to him each morning and just to be able to talk about pretty much anything whenever either of us wanted to.

Half the time our conversations don't even make sense to anybody but us; one time Fili tried to join in with a conversation between Kili and me but he walked away within a matter of seconds because we confused him.

I leant my arms on the railings of the balcony and looked out over the gardens of the palace.

Kili's P.O.V

I stirred slightly in my sleep and reached out for Charlotte on her side of her bed but I opened my eyes when I realised she wasn't there.

I rubbed my eyes before looking to the balcony and seeing my soon-to-be wife standing out on the balcony only wearing one of my shirts and some socks.

Both of us were dwarves but my shirts were still large on her and that annoyed her on a daily basis but she never wore anything else to bed.

I slowly got out of bed leaving the comforting warmth behind. I opened the balcony door and Charlotte turned around "Did I wake you?" she asked sounding concerned "No my darling. I woke up because I couldn't cuddle you" I said pouting slightly making her smile.

She turned back around so I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my head on her shoulder. I kissed her cheek and she giggled.

"Can you not sleep again my love?" I asked and she sighed "No Kee. I am tired but I am unable to physically fall asleep" she said.

I removed my arms from her waist and grabbed her hand. I spun her around into my arms making her smile, which is something I seem to do frequently and I am presuming that is good considering we are to be married soon.

I didn't say anything else to her and brought her inside again. I closed the balcony door whilst she went and got back into bed.

I got under the covers next to her and I pulled her back into my front. I kissed the back of her head "Sleep Charlotte" I whispered.

Within minutes my beautiful fiancé was asleep.

~*~

Written by Hannah for Charlotte.