Tauriel- Prisoner (c)

You were caught along with all of the dwarves and taken to the Mirkwood dungeon. You had no idea where your brother Bilbo had gotten to, he hadn't been captured and you could only hope that he was safe and hiding whilst trying to find a way to save you all rather than having been injured or worse.

Being the only female, you had been escorted by the female elf to the dungeon. Prior to the quest beginning and you refusing for your brother to go alone, you had no fighting knowledge, and now you weren't too much better. At least now you could defend yourself slightly.

"Let go of me," you shouted attempting the thrash in the restraints.

The female elf simply laughed. It was a futile attempt. You were a lot smaller than her and from what you'd seen of her she was very well trained to fight and defend herself, whilst you were completely incompetent.

"Please. I'm a hobbit. Shire folk. We don't venture far, this is a mistake," you frowned still attempting to free yourself, but seen as you were also concentrating on not falling over it was practically impossible to do.

"Well you're in Mirkwood with a group of dwarves. The king does not care where you are from, only about why you are here and what you want," she stated.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you continued plodding along by the red heads side. All of the other dwarves were being dragged along with other elves in front of you, but you were trailing behind. Your legs were a lot shorter and the female elf seemed to be in less haste as the others.

"Don't make me do something we'll both regret," you threatened.

Even though it was a threat, it certainly didn't sound scary, it was said in a near squeak and if anyone could see the pair of you, they would laugh at the idea that you could do anything at all to injure her.

She stopped in her place, turning to look at you, granted she had to tilt her head straight to the floor to be able to see you but nevertheless she let your eyes look in a challenging manner.

"You're less than half my size. What's the worst you can do? Kick me in the shin?" She laughed.

"Have you ever been kicked in the shin? It hurts a lot," you commented.

"You're not used to this are you?" She asked.

"Being held against my will? Travelling across Middle Earth? Leaving the Shire to travel alongside thirteen dwarves? Believe me this is all new to me. I miss my hobbit hole and my garden and my tea. No offence to Mirkwood but it's not the Shire," you rambled.

She let out a laugh.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N."

"I'm Tauriel. Do not worry the king should be lenient. We do not get many hobbits through these parts. And either way you will learn to love Mirkwood. But you do not seem like the common criminals like your company," she said.

"They are not criminals. I do understand that dwarves and elves do not agree but they are not criminals. Neither am I. I just wish to return to my humble home. Although I do not know how," you sighed.

She had a pitiful smile.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.