Fili and Kili- Piggyback Ride (c)

It had been several years since Erebor had been restored to, as you had been told on numerous occasions, only a fraction of its former glory. Although its relations with the nearby town of Dale started on shaky footings, an agreement finally occurred and to travel between the two was a fairly normal and accepted occurrence.

You had met the company when they had travelled through Laketown on their way to reclaim their rightful home. You had been living with your friend, Bard at the time, so was forced to meet and be civil with the dwarves.

However with Kili's short lived sickness, you'd came to befriend both he and his older brother. They were peculiar folk, although their kind were simply odd to you. You'd never met a dwarf and you'd only ever heard cruel and un-factual tales of them being thieves and brutes.

They were surprisingly friendly, well most of them were. So when Bard was given his birth right of King of Dale, you were more than chuffed to be so close to your new found friends.

Overtime it had just became easier to take up a new home in Erebor. Thorin wasn't too impressed but his nephews could be persuasive, and you liked to remind Thorin that you were one of the humans whom had helped him in his time of need as well as assuring his nephew lived.

Even though he was still quite hostile towards you, you were now living amongst dwarves.

It had become a regular occurrence for you and the two princes to walk around the surrounding areas, taking treks farther and farther each time. Generally it wasn't too far though, Thorin would have a heart attack if he knew the heir to his throne was risking his life at every chance he got. This time you had gotten a little lost and were in the midst of a forest that none of you recognised.

Although your demise could be right round the corner, you were making the best of it, setting a camp fire and just trying to enjoy yourselves. It was getting hard to be happy though as unlike the dwarves you were fit for being on your feet for so long and your feet and calves hurt like a bitch.

"Can we take a break?" You groaned.

As you trailed through the overgrowth, you followed the two dwarves sluggishly, almost incapable of keeping up with their pace.

"We took a break an hour ago," Fili stated continued.

"It feels like I've been walking on broken glass. I wasn't prepared to turn a day trip into a week one. Honestly it's fun and all, but I think I might die," you frowned.

You became stationary, refusing to move any further.

"Someone's dramatic today," Kili laughed stopping also, turning to look at you, his brother following suit.

"I do apologise your highness," you quipped. "I can't walk for an indefinite amount of time. My puny human feet develop blisters and bleed if overworked."

"You're extremely dramatic today," Fili smiled copying his brother's tone.

Your arms made their way to be crossed over your chest, giving them a firm glare. Although they happened to be your best friends, they certainly infuriated you.

"I am not walking one step further. And I do not care if you think I'm being dramatic, my feet hurt and you are just being cruel making me walk any further. It was your fault we got lost anyhow."

They both looked shocked and offended by your statement.

"We are not to blame," Kili stated.

"Oh no. Because of course your Dwarven intuition means you know exactly where you are," you said rolling your eyes.

"We can't stop," Fili frowned. "Uncle will be worried."

You plonked down into the damp grass, finally giving your feet some relief. If the King Under The Mountain was concerned, you didn't care. He wouldn't be concerned about you, only whether you'd finally snapped and killed his nephews.

"Get up Y/N," Fili stated.

You shook your head, grinning at the blond dwarf. You were for the first time not in excessive pain, you weren't stopping that just for him.

The two brothers looked at each other before a coy smile appeared on the younger ones face, forcing dread on the blond's.

Kili stepped towards you reaching out a hand for you to take, but you refused.

"Come on Y/N/N. Do you really want to do this the hard way?" He asked.

You shrugged.

He let out a sigh.

"Upsy-daisy."

He leaned forward placing his hands under your arm pits and lifting you into the air. Due to the surprise of his action, you didn't start to thrash until he'd already thrown you over his shoulder, forcing your face into the fur of his coat.

"Kili," you exclaimed attempting to aim your fist to the reverse of his knees to push him over, but with the amount of layers he had on, it was near impossible.

"If you won't walk, I'll carry you," he stated.

"This isn't necessary," you frowned. "All I asked for was a rest."

You could feel the chuckle rumble through him as the two dwarves set off walking with you being carried like luggage.

"Well we don't have that liberty. Anyway you're not heavy. You're a little tall but it's fine," he shrugged, jolting you on his shoulder.

"Please put me down. This is painful. My spine should not bend this way," you groaned.

He hesitated for a moment.

"How about a piggy back ride?"

"I'm a little tall for that compared to you don't you think?"

You didn't get an option though. Kili lifted you and basically slung you to his brothers back. In an attempt to not fall onto the floor, you clung onto him like a spider monkey. Fili froze for a moment before resting his hands on your knees to help hold you steady.

"Comfy?" He questioned.

"Not really. But it's better than walking or being slung over his shoulder."

Your arms were slung loosely over his shoulders to keep you secure. In an attempt to get comfier you leant your head on his shoulder.

"If you don't mind- well even if you do- I am going to take a nap to give me piece for you two insufferable dwarves."

Fili went to argue but before he could you batted his moustache, silencing with a light giggle escaping from your lips.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.