Kili- Injured (c)

Your eyes were fighting to fall asleep. Everyone else was asleep on the other side of the curtain but you stayed with your injured friend wanting to be there when he woke up. Bard and his family were kind to let you all stay in their home. It was a small house for the four that lived there let alone with the fourteen dwarves and a hobbit added to that.

Kili lay on what was Bard's dinner table, unconscious from the gash on his side, which luckily a Mirkwood elf was able to cure the poison that had came with it. He was expected to wake up soon, and you were terribly worried about him. Fili wished to stay with him too, however you knew he needed his rest more than you did.

Your head begun to dip as you tried to fight the sleep that was trying to succumb you. When you felt him move slightly on the table, your head snapped back up again.

"Kili," you whispered not wishing to wake the others.

"Y/N," he croaked attempting to sit up.

"No, stay lying. The elf said it would hurt for a while, but you will heal but you must rest," you smiled softly.

He let out a gentle sigh running his hand over the bandaging that was around his abdomen. You gave him a sympathetic smile knowing it would be a long road until he was better, but you hoped to help him.

"You gave me a fright Kili, I was scared you wouldn't make it."

"I'd never leave you," he chuckled weakly.

You stood from the bench you were sat on by the table, "I should wake Fili, he shall be awfully glad you're alright."

His hand shot out quickly to grab yours to stop you from leaving the curtained off room. He gave you a weak smile until you sat back down.

"Thank you for staying with me," he said softly.

"Anytime. I wasn't going to leave you on your own after such an injury. Fili wished to stay but he had gotten himself into such a state, he needed the rest far more than I did," you smiled softly.

He continued to give you a weak smile as the comforting silence enveloped you both. You liked the silence even if it was often broken by the snores of your travelling companions in their slumber.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered.

You never expected such a question. You had been raised with the two princes, your mother being a close friend with theirs. From a young age you cared for him far more than you should have as friends however you doubted he could ever care for you in the same manner.

"Really?" You asked.

"I have wished to for a while," he whispered.

"You're such a daft dwarf, you should have asked me a long time ago," you grinned, leaning in to press your lips to his in a sweet and tender kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by