Legolas Greenleaf- Awestruck (h)

If someone had told you when you were younger that you would eventually be engaged to the Prince of Mirkwood, you would have told them to get their head checked.

However, that fact had become a reality and you couldn't have been happier.

You had been with Legolas for a long time, and at first it was strange considering he was a royal elf as well as a pretty amazing warrior whilst you were just from a regular background with no particular reason for Legolas to wanting to be with you – other than you being utterly beautiful and gentle and kind.

Legolas had been working on training you so that you could be a warrior also, not necessarily for you to fight off orcs and all threats but just so that he was confident in the fact that you were able to defend yourself.

After your most recent training session, you and your fiancé had ended up in the woods with you being sat against a tree whilst Legolas was fast asleep on your lap.

You had been singing in elvish since he fell asleep, it wasn't so much to get him to stay asleep but you enjoyed singing in your mother tongue – it was comforting.

As you were running your hand through Legolas' hair, you heard footsteps approaching the two of you so you looked up to see your soon to be father-in-law standing there.

He laughed when he saw his son fast asleep "He hasn't looked that peaceful since he was a young elf" Thranduil stated, then smiling over at you.

You shrugged in response "I know he hasn't been sleeping properly lately, so perhaps it's suitable for him to be getting some sleep now" you suggested.

Thranduil nodded "Of course. I was simply going for a short wall, so I shall leave you two be" he told you, disappearing almost as fast as he appeared.

A few moments after Thranduil left, Legolas woke up before sitting up and wrapping his arm around you "How long was I asleep?" he asked you, pulling you close.

You looked up at him with a smile on your face "Not long" you stated.

He nodded in acknowledgement, his attention being on you without him speaking again even once.

A silence descended upon the both of you, with only the wind rushing past the trees and the odd wildlife going on their way.

"How is it that every time I look at you, I am completely awestruck" Legolas mused, breaking the peaceful silence.

You blushed, turned away from him in order to hide your blush ever so slightly, "I cannot imagine why that would be" you told him in response.

Legolas turned your cheek to get you to look at him in the eyes, "I'll tell you why" he breathed out, moving closer to you "Because you are utterly beautiful my love"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.