Bofur- Toys (c)

You had created a routine, one that you followed without missing a beat. Never had you regimented your days such as this. You worked with a seamstress for the King, not that you were much of a seamstress but you were useful to pass things to her, and it got you money.

Once you finished your days' work you would make your way home, just recently you had made an extra stop. There was a toy shop, all handmade toys, but they were not what enticed you. The owner of the shop did. It was a dwarf named Bofur. You had heard others call his name, he had never been introduced to you personally. You had seen how he acted with the children, he was so caring, he was so good to them, yet you had never noticed him with any of his own, nor with a wife.

Today you made your usual stop at the toy shop, looking at the small objects. You knew you had to buy something every time you went there, it meant you could speak with the man, but you had never built up the courage to talk to him about anything other than your purchases.

For today you picked up a small wooden doll that's limbs moved.

You walked over to him placing the toy down along with the correct amount of coins.

"Hello lass, how many children do you have? You seem to be here every day," he chuckled.

A soft crimson appeared on your cheeks.

"None. I am not married, I do not have children," you stated.

"Then why is it you come here every day?" he asked looking slightly bewildered.

"You'll think I'm mad if I told you."

"I could never think you were mad."

You let out a deep breath that you never knew you had been holding.

"I wished to get to know you better. I did not know how to speak with you, so I just came into your shop, and felt I had to buy something. Do not get me wrong, your work is amazing but I do not particularly have need for children's toys. I simply bought them and gave them to children I met around the kingdom that looked like they needed something to brighten their day. I apologise for how peculiar my actions had been," you sighed softly rubbing the back of your neck.

A soft smile crept up onto his lips.

"You really came here every day for a month just to get to know me?" he asked.

"Yes," you stated looking down to your shoes.

"I don't think you are mad lass, nor do I think your actions are peculiar. I think it's sweet, admirable even. But you could have just spoken to me," he smiled.

"I was nervous. I never thought you'd wish to speak with me," you practically whispered.

"Why'd you think that?" he asked, "But I think we should maybe start on new terms. I'm Bofur."

He stuck his hand out ready for you to shake. You smiled shaking his hand.

"I'm Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.