Eowyn- Presents (h)

You knew that Christmas was a time for family, a time for when families would be together and maybe see each other after having not been able to meet up for some time.

Family for you meant the Fellowship, your girlfriend and her brother.

You didn't have any biological family left, they were taken under Saruman's orders whilst you were with the Fellowship so you never got to say goodbye but you were comforted majorly by your friends.

Aragorn was the one that actually introduced you to Eowyn, despite you having to stay at King Theoden's castle, and you had always been grateful to Aragorn for making that decision.

You and Eowyn had been together for three years; she had been there for you whenever you needed her and you had done the same for her, it was a relationship where you talked and communicated but also had a great deal of fun.

Aragorn was holding a Christmas ball, well more Arwen had arranged it and Aragorn went along with it, and the two of you had been invited so that's where you were travelling to.

You were in a carriage next to Eowyn, and Eomer had fallen asleep next to the driver which was surprising as usually he was as alert as ever but he had been out drinking the night before.

Eowyn was looking out of the window of the carriage, smiling at the scenery that passed her, which caused a smile to make its way onto your face.

You gently placed your hand on top of hers, and she turned to you with her smile still on her face "Are you looking forward to the ball Dear?" she asked in a soft voice so as to not wake her sleeping brother.

Nodding in response, you intertwined your fingers with Eowyn's, "I want to see them all" you told her "I have missed them all so much, there's a part of me that wants to go on a quest again" you explained.

Eowyn shook her head at you "No quests for you" she stated sternly but then laughed when your smile dropped "I believe Sam is bringing Rosie so it'll be lovely to see her again" she said to change the subject.

"I love Rosie, she's so sweet" Eowyn nodded in agreement with you as you spoke "Their children are the epitome of adorable also" you mused which caused Eowyn to smile.

Her smile then dropped and a panicked look crossed her face "Did we remember the presents?" she asked in a panic.

You giggled slightly and leaned over to kiss her cheek "Dear, they're right in front of you"

~*~

Written by Hannah.