Fili- Heir (c)

You had married Fili over two years ago. It was love at first sight, and you were as happy together now as you had been back then.

His family loved you, you had become close friends with his brother, and his Mother and uncle instantly accepted your as their family loving you as one of their own. The only problem was, from day one, Dis had 'subtly' hinted to you that she wanted a grandchild.

With discussion with your husband, you learnt that Thorin had told Fili that to secure his future throne he would need to have an heir to keep the line of Durin on the throne of Erebor.

It wasn't as though you didn't want children, you both wanted to be parents, but you enjoyed it just being the two of you for a while before you decided to extend your family.

For a short while you had been feeling odd, and after a visit to the healer, you found out why. After telling your husband, you both knew it was time to tell his family. Dis had been planning a family dinner for the end of the week, so that is when you planned to tell them.

You were all sat together eating dinner when Fili decided to clear his throat to gain the attention of all of those around the table.

"Y/N and I have some news," He smiled softly, taking your hand within his giving it a soft squeeze.

"What is it my dear?" Dis asked looking at both of you lovingly.

"Can it not wait?" Thorin gruffly spoke, still continuing with the food in front of us.

Dis shot him a warning glare. She was the only person you had ever seen be able to cause fear in the Dwarven king or even make him do anything that he didn't want to do.

"Well..." Fili started.

"You are stepping down as heir?" Kili spoke with a hopeful smile.

"I'd never let him do that," Thorin frowned, "That is why I have insisted on an heir."

"Hey!" The younger dwarf exclaimed.

You shook your head at the small family. They were a rather odd bunch but it didn't mean you loved them any less.

"Actually you aren't too far off uncle," Fili smiled.

"You must be kidding," He sighed, "You cannot see your brother as a fit ruler."

"I'm sure Kili wouldn't be that bad," You piped up.

"But that isn't what I meant," Fili added, "I didn't mean about Kili taking my place, I meant your insistence of an heir."

It took them a moment before Dis' eyes lit up.

"You are with child?" She grinned.

You nodded.

Your mother-in-law stood from the table and walked around engulfing you in a hug. It was firm and strong but very loving.

"You are squashing the poor girl," Thorin spoke, leading to his sister to let you out of the hug.

They all shared their congratulations, speaking of possible names, and how your child would be taught how to rule Erebor to follow in the footsteps of their Father who would be King one day.

You didn't care if they were to be King or Queen, all you cared about was your child being happy and knowing how much their family loved them.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.