Legolas Greenleaf- Creature (h)

You'd be lying to yourself if you said that you'd never thought about Legolas in a romantic sort of way – how could you not?

He was always around, always there when you needed him, always the first one to offer advice and he would be the one there with you on your late night walks every single time, without fail.

It was not that he believed you could not protect yourself efficiently on these walks but simply that he did not want you by yourself. Mirkwood was not necessarily known for its tranquil surroundings.

There was that and there was the fact that he did not think the day had enough hours in it for him to spend with you so any chance he got to spend even a minute more with you he would take.

That evening, like most of your evenings, you were waiting for Legolas to join you at the entrance to the palace so that you could go for your walk.

"My lady," Legolas greeted as he approached you with a smile on his face.

You laughed at his greeting as you rarely used nobility titles around each other but still you played along and bowed your head. "Your highness."

He chuckled and offered you his arm. "Where do you wish to walk this evening?"

Smiling you took his arm and the two of you made your way into the grounds. "I thought we could go our usual path?"

Legolas nodded at your choice, having expected that response due to your usual path being your favourite route through the forests.

"You do not always have to walk with me Legolas," you mused as you walked together. "I am capable of making my own way through the forests."

Legolas chuckled but shook his head. "I would never be comfortable with letting my lady walk on her own."

You rolled your eyes at his comment but flushed slightly at how protective he sounded.

The two of you continued to walk in silence for a while longer until the atmosphere changed. Mirkwood had never been known for its safety however when with Legolas it was rare that anything happened.

"Do you feel that?" you questioned as you tightened your grip on his arm but reached for your concealed dagger with your free hand.

Legolas hummed his agreement and slowly pushed you behind him.

The atmosphere stayed tense for a few short moments before a giant spider emerged from the canopy above.

You were confused at the appearance of such a creature as they did not make a habit of entering the part of the forests that the two of you were in – which was why you frequented this path so often.

"What do we do?" you whispered as you turned to have your back flush against Legolas'.

Legolas let out a frustrated noise but kept a close eye on the giant spider as it circled above you both.

You felt Legolas' hand reach around to your waist and he began to push you back towards the path that you had just come down.

"Slow and steady movements," he whispered to you. "They cannot follow if they are unable to track us."

You nodded at his words and began to walk forwards to the path whilst Legolas walked backwards, his back still against yours.

However, it seemed as if the fates were against you that day as when Legolas took a step back his foot fell on a fallen branch and it snapped in half.

Almost instantly the giant spider's head moved to your direction and it began to circle its web above you both as it descended from the canopy.

"Run!"

Legolas whirled around, grabbed your hand and proceeded to drag you out of the forest.

You knew the spider was following you, you could feel its presence and that alone was enough to make you run faster.

Once you both reached the edge of the forest you stopped a little distance away and when you turned you realised that the creature had not elected to chase the both of you past the forest.

"That is not an event I wish to repeat," Legolas breathed to himself.

But you were overwhelmed with what had just happened and couldn't help but look at the elf who held your heart.

You didn't even consider the fact that he may not return your affections as you leant in to kiss him.

As Legolas responded to the kiss, he wrapped his arm around your waist to pull you flush against him, his hand splayed out across the small of your back.

The two of you were flushed when you pulled away. "That is an event I wish to repeat many times."

His words made your cheeks flame even more but you nodded wordlessly.

Taking that as a sign, Legolas leaned in and kissed you once more.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.