Fili- Ice Skating (c)

"Why have you attached blades to our shoes?" Fili frowned.

You laughed swinging the boots in your hand, whilst your other hand grasped his pulling him towards the frozen lake.

When you got to the edge of it, the blond dwarf looked as confused as ever. You handed him his boots that have modifications on them.

"We are going ice skating," you stated.

"Ice skating whatever is that?" he questioned.

"The blades on your shoes, then help you glide on the ice. It's like dancing but more fun. I used to go a lot when I was little. I'm probably a little rusty, but I'll try to teach you," you smiled changing your boots.

You had got some of the dwarves to help you with the skates which bewildered them as to why you would put blades on your shoes but they helped nevertheless.

He put the shoes on even if he was a little confused, but fell over as soon as he stood up. You laughed helping him up and helping him walk to the ice.

"It is very slippery so try and gain your balance," you said.

You stepped on the ice first holding his hands pulling him on after you. You let your hands slip from his as you tried to skate.

Surprisingly you were okay, you hadn't been ice skating in many years but you were able to glide on the ice without falling over. You skated back to Fili who hadn't moved at all.

"Come on," you smiled taking his hands again, "slide your feet."

He didn't understand the slide part, instead he lifted his foot and when he placed it down he lost his balance falling over nearly dragging you down with him.

"When you were children did Kili and you slide on the kitchen floors in your socks?" you asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" he said still looking confused.

"It's exactly the same."

You pulled him up with much struggle. He was about the same height as you but as you were human, you were very petit compared to him.

Once you got him to his feet he began to get the idea. He fell over on more than one occasion but you had finally got him to skate without clinging onto you.

"Skate to me," you stated standing on the other side of the small lake.

It felt like teaching a baby to walk but the determination on his face was adorable.

He skated with a slight stumble until he reached you, wrapping his arms around you. You were pulled to his chest as his lips pressed to your cheeks.

"This is actually fun," he smiled, "once I can stand for longer than two seconds."

"I told you that you would have fun."

He chuckled pressing his lips to yours.

~*~

Written by Charlotte