Legolas Greenleaf - Practise (h)

You and Legolas had been in a relationship for a fairly long time, and quite a few people knew, but the one person that didn't know was Legolas' best friend Aragorn.

You couldn't really recall why Aragorn didn't know yet, it wasn't like you and Legolas made a big spectacle of announcing that you were getting married.

It was kind of just a case of, if you were asked then you would admit it but you wouldn't you out of your way to tell someone.

You didn't know where Legolas was, he'd gone to talk to Elrond so you were left in the room that the two of you had been sharing.

Of course, you and Legolas didn't live in Rivendell but the both of you enjoyed your time in Rivendell, and the time you spent in Mirkwood was just as enjoyable but just not as long.

Rather suddenly Legolas burst into the room, "That was sudden" you told him as you looked up from your book.

Legolas chuckled and sat down on the bed, pulling you over to him in the process "We have business to attend to" he stated with a smile on his face.

You frowned as you couldn't remember any audiences that the two of you were required at, "What business? I don't recall anything" you continued to frown as you spoke, trying to remember anything at all.

Legolas didn't say anything, but instead he stood up and offered you his hand. Despite being confused, you took his hand without question.

Legolas led you through the palace, and the two of you ended up in the ballroom.

You turned to Legolas quizzically "We are here why?" you asked, kind of just wanting to go back to your bedroom and read your book whilst cuddling with your dashingly handsome fiancé.

"We are here, my love, because we need to practise" he explained as he moved the two of you to the middle of the room.

"Practise what?" you asked, there seemed to be a lot of questions that day.

Legolas stood in the ballroom hold, and that was when everything clicked into place. You followed suit, and Legolas started to lead you around the floor.

"Why are we practising this?" you queried, not minding it at all, but you were still curious.

Legolas laughed a little, and then had a faint smile on his face "It's our wedding in a matter of months Y/N, we need to learn a dance" he vaguely explained.

You pouted slightly making Legolas chuckle "It's our wedding, why do we need to be able to dance for other people?" you inquired.

Before Legolas could answer you, someone cleared their throat from the doorway.

The two of you stopped dancing, and turned to the person in the doorway that turned out to be Aragorn.

"It's not what it looks like..." Legolas tried to worm his way out of it, but Aragorn sighed and crossed his arms.

You glared softly at Legolas, "We're practicing our first dance Aragorn" you briefly explained.

Aragorn looked confused, so you looked to Legolas "We're-uh...we're getting married in a number of months" Legolas stated simply, faltering at the start.

"I was wondering when you were going to finally admit it to me" Aragorn spoke in a cheerful tone "You really thought that Arwen wouldn't clue me in?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.