Fili- Home Sick (c)

You sniffled slightly, your tears were falling, so you attempted to wipe them away. Just it was impossible to stop the never ending flow.

You were one of the strongest female dwarves in the whole of Middle Earth, but you still felt the toll of travelling to reclaim Erebor. You loved it really, you loved the adventure, being with your friends but you missed home.

Your family were supportive of you going with them, having Thorin personally ask you to join the company, you were over the moon. Thorin was very judgemental, but if he complimented someone then you knew you were worth something.

Just the pain of not having your family here was overbearing. None of the others understood, most of them didn't have any other family than those that were here, and the others were just stronger than you were.

The company was stopped for the night to make camp, and you excused yourself to go to the river. You bathed quickly, and then took some time to sit down and reflect. Just your tears were falling profusely at the thought of never seeing your parents or siblings again and you were scared about how this would end.

You were brave and a good warrior but you couldn't help but think that 14 dwarves and a hobbit wasn't able to slay a dragon and reclaim Erebor.

Footsteps approached. Holding your breath you hoped whoever it was wouldn't find you. Sadly that didn't happen.

The dwarf walked past the tree you were sat behind, catching his foot on your leg, causing him to tumble to the floor. You gasped seeing the blond dwarf groaning on the floor.

"Oh Fili are you okay?" you questioned.

"Y/N? What are you doing out here on your own?" he asked.

"I just wanted a moment to myself."

He gave you a concerned look as he saw your tears. He sat up, giving you a soft smile.

"What's wrong? I've never seen you cry before," he whispered.

"I miss home. I've never been away from home before. Everyone thinks I am a strong warrior, but it still pains me that I may never see my family again. I know reclaiming Erebor is important but sometimes I wish I didn't agree to come," I sighed.

He smiled softly shuffling on the floor so he was sat next to you.

"You are a strong warrior Y/N. You are better than all of us, everyone knows it, even though most of them wouldn't admit that, their egos won't let them," he chuckled, "We all miss home, and most of them wouldn't admit that either. I miss my Mother like mad, I know Kili misses her too. Missing home is natural. But it's worth it when we get our rightful home back."

You smiled at him.

"Thanks Fee. You always know what to say," you smiled.

He grinned wrapping an arm around your shoulders pulling you to him.

"You deserve to be happy Y/N, and I won't let you be sad if I can help it."

Your smile grew.

"Why does it matter to you?" you asked softly.

"I like you Y/N. I have tried to tell you, and I went to Thorin to ask him to get you onto this quest, but he had already asked you. I was sure he would anyway, but you know how he can be I didn't know if he'd accept a female dwarf on this quest. I was so happy when he told me you were coming with us," he smiled.

Your eyes lit up.

"Really?" you said biting your lip.

"Really."

Without hesitation you turned slightly resting a hand softly on his cheek, pressing your lips against his.

~*~

Written by Charlotte