Thorin Oakenshield- Hold Me (c)

Tears trickled down your cheeks, as you held your knees up to your chest, wrapping your arms around them, hoping you could become so small that maybe there was the possibility you would disappear.

Sadly you didn't. You were still curled up there, still feeling the heavy weight on your shoulders, and your emotions bubbling over in your stomach. No matter how hard you tried to hide the pain, it tumbled out as tears and choked sobs.

You thought you were far away from everyone else, far enough that no one could here, far enough that no one would see your pain.

Everyone saw you as the happy one, the one who would always smile and would always be able to make everyone else laugh and be happy.

That was the power of a mask. You could be someone for everyone else, but for yourself you were a mere shell of the person they saw.

Just this time that you escaped from their company, you didn't notice the brunette dwarf follow you. You continued to cry, until you heard a twig snap from the weight the dwarf had placed on it.

Your head snapped to the side where you saw Thorin looking slightly concerned and shocked by what he had seen.

Slowly he walked over to you, as you continued to cry, unable to stop the tears from leaking from your eyes.

"Y/N?" He asked, "What is wrong? Why are you crying? What did my nephews do?"

You let a weak smile creep onto your lips.

"No. Your nephews didn't do anything wrong. I'm just not feeling great. Go back to the others. I will meet you there in a minute," You explained, wiping at the falling tears with the reverse of your hand.

Rather than walking away like you wished that he would, he moved towards you, taking a seat on the ground next to you.

"I am not just going to leave you here. You are not happy, and that is a shame. I like to see you smile," He stated before furrowing his eyebrows.

"You didn't mean to say that did you?" You asked.

He chuckled, "No, I didn't. But it is true nevertheless. What is making you cry? I may seem as though I am heartless but I do care. I don't want to see you crying."

You looked at him confused. He was never like this. The pain was still there but the mask was slowly building up again but you were unsure why he was being nice to you.

"I am just not feeling good. I haven't for some time," you whispered.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Hold me."

You didn't even think about what you had said before it had escaped from your mouth.

"I'm so-"

You were cut off by two arms being wrapped around you. Instantly the dwarfs embrace began to settle all the pain and nerves, sending them away from you, allowing you to be there for the moment. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.