Thorin Oakenshield- Uncle (h)

You had never imagined that you would be roped into some absolutely mad quest, especially by your very own husband of all people.

He had told you that he wanted you with him because he'd miss you, and despite that sounding fairly stupid he knew that you would be able to defend yourself.

Thorin had taken a detour whilst travelling to The Shire, so you had agreed to go ahead with your nephews and arrive before him.

Fili and Kili were more like brothers to you than nephews, sure you were married to their uncle but you had always been close to them and they were very protective of you.

Arriving at The Shire, Fili knocked on the door and a hobbit came to open it for you "Fili" he said to introduce himself.

"Y/N" you told the hobbit with a smile.

"And Kili" Kili introduced himself after you did.

"At your service" the three of you said at the same time, with your nephews bowing whilst you curtsied as a sign of respect.

The hobbit looked confused "You must be Mr Boggins" Kili said as he went to walk in.

The hobbit shook his head and went to close the door "Nope, you can't come in, you've come to the wrong house" he told you but Kili placed his foot in the door to prevent it from closing.

Kili then turned to you and his brother with a panicked expression on his face "What? Has it been cancelled?" he quizzed in surprise.

"No one told us" Fili stepped forward slightly as he spoke.

The two dwarves' words caused the hobbit to look even more confused than he did before, "Can-? No. Nothing has been cancelled" the hobbit concluded.

"Well that's a relief" Kili said as he pushed his way into the house.

Fili motioned for you to go in before him, and he then made his way in afterwards.

Dwalin came out of the dining room and immediately pulled you into a hug "Ah Y/N, how good it is to see you" he greeted you.

You smiled up at him and then Balin came to hug you "I was wondering when our female influence would arrive" he joked and you laughed.

"It's lovely to see you both" you stated softly which caused them both to smile and nod in acknowledgement.

Soon, the rest of the company arrived bar your husband.

All of you had something to eat, as well as the dwarves annoying poor Bilbo a fair bit, and it really was lovely to see all the dwarves again.

Once all the plates had been cleaned, three loud knocks sounded throughout the hobbit hole.

"He is here" Gandalf announced, and he made his way to the door whilst everyone else followed him.

Gandalf opened the door, "Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice. Wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door" you heard your husband complain as he walked into the home.

After he was in, he made eye contact with you and smiled, "Hello my Love" he greeted you as he came towards you and kissed you lightly before enveloping you in a hug.

"What about us Uncle? Do we not get such lovely greetings?" you heard Kili ask, clearly in reference to him and his brother.

Thorin grumbled but then turned to his nephews and hugged them both quickly "You're mad, you know that?" you quizzed your husband rhetorically and the rest of the company looked at you in surprise "You drag all of us out here, to Mr Baggins' house when he had no idea at all that we were coming, to go on a quest that could quite possibly get all of us here killed" you told him and he stayed quiet as he knew you weren't finished "I love you Thorin, and you know I do, and I do understand the whole premise of this quest" you explained as you stepped closer to him "But I swear, if you put me or any of my family in unnecessary danger, then I will leave" you finished.

All of the company were looking at you in surprise, partly because they weren't expecting that from you and partly because Thorin hadn't absolutely flipped.

Your husband sighed but then nodded "I would never put you in any type of danger Y/N" he breathed out, placing his hands on your waist "I understand that the company is your family, even if not by blood, and that's how I know you're such an incredible wife" he explained and his compliment caused you to blush.

"Why can she talk to you like that and we can't Uncle?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.