Bilbo Baggins- Forgiveness (c)

"I cannot begin to apologise for what I have done to you," Bilbo said, an apologetic expression on his face.

You crossed your arms over your chest, angry with him and not wanting to forgive him nearly as quickly as you would normally. "True, but I'd appreciate it if you gave it a go anyway."

Bilbo and you had been in a happy relationship for a few years and you wouldn't have changed anything about your relationship, happy to just have someone who meant the world to you in your life. Only your happiness together wasn't going to last much longer, no matter how much you wanted it to.

One day out of the blue, Bilbo disappeared. No one in The Shire knew where he had gone, only a few able to offer you an idea as they had seen him running through the streets after some dwarves whom had visited his home the night before. When you visited his house, it was a complete wreck, nothing in its normally tidy place and the pantry completely empty.

You were worried sick about him. No one in town had met a dwarf before but everyone started to worry that they may be malicious and were behind the disappearance of Bilbo. It felt like a lifetime before you saw him again. He just strolled back through his front door as though nothing happened and you were beyond relieved to see him but were furious when you found out that he left off his own volition but didn't bother to tell anyone that he had gone off to do anything.

"I should have told you that I was going," he said softly. "I know it was wrong to leave without telling you or even leaving a note, but it was such a rush. All I can hope for is you to offer me your forgiveness because I know I didn't do the right thing."

You frowned at him. "I'm happy that you are home safe, I would never wish anything foul to occur to you but you left me worried sick for so long, you will never be able to understand the pain you put me through."

"Then let me try to make it up to you. I know it will not happen overnight, but it is something I beg you to let me to do."

A sigh escaped you. You couldn't stay angry at him forever, but you were willing to let him figure out how to make up for the pain that he had caused you whilst he went away.

"I guess I can live with that."

He offered you his thanks and offered you a hug, something you had longed for since he first left.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.