Arwen- Beautiful (c)

You didn't have the elegance of an elf. Living in Rivendell meant that you were surrounded by elves all the time, and it just made your clumsy actions more obvious, every time you tripped over it was visible and every time you did something ungraceful everyone noticed.

Due to living in the palace as a special guest of Lord Elrond. You had lived there since you were a child, after your parents passed. Seen as you had lived with them for so long you had gotten used to having to go to all of the balls they held, but you were always the odd one out.

You were a lot shorter than everyone here and your hair was a complete mess. It was curly and no matter how the elves tried they couldn't get it straight.

Recently all you could see was how different you were. You were human and that was clear. You'd never hold the beauty of the elves.

You didn't know why your girlfriend was with you. She was Lord Elrond's daughter and she was beautiful. You loved her dearly but you didn't see what she could possibly see in you.

She could have any elf, actually anyone in Middle Earth, but for some reason she picked you.

Tonight was another of the scheduled balls, and you were wearing one of the many gowns Lord Elrond had provided for you.

When they were hung next to Arwen's in your wardrobe it didn't take more than a glance to realise whose clothing was whose. Her gowns reached the bottom of the wardrobe but yours stopped a foot or two above that. Also it you looked at them yours were wider than hers and had room for your curves. You were different, and there was nothing you could do about it. You would never reach her level of beauty.

With a loud sigh you collapsed onto your shared bed. Arwen had left a while prior to go down to the ball, but you didn't want to go. You'd just embarrass yourself in front of everyone, and you didn't want to put Arwen through the embarrassment again.

After a moment or two someone knocked softly on the door. The door slid open slightly.

"Melamin?" Arwen whispered.

You let out a grunt of acknowledgment but kept lying on the bed.

"Y/N, what is the matter?" she questioned coming to sit next to you.

She rested a hand on your arm, smiling softly.

"I don't want to embarrass you. Go back to the party, I shall stay here until you return," you sighed.

"Why would you think you would embarrass me?" she asked.

Standing up you crossed your arms over your chest.

"Look at me. I'm short and curvy. My hair is a mess, I am no elf. I am not graceful or elegant, you deserve better."

She gave you a pitiful smile. She stood up and walked to you letting her hand softly caress your face.

"Do not think so stupidly. You are beautiful. Yes you do not look like an elf, but if I wanted an elf, I would've picked an elf. I picked you because you are beautiful, but more than that your beauty is more than skin deep. You are nice and smart. You care about everyone, and no matter what anyone thinks of you, you think the world of them. I love you for you, and that'll never change," she said softly.

She leaned in and pressed her soft lips to yours in a sweet kiss that made all your concerns disappear. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.