Elrond- Change (h)

You weren't from a prestigious family, nor were you aware of the higher ranks in the elves in Rivendell.

However, you had ended up courting Lord Elrond which surprised everyone in the realm.

A lot of the citizens wished for Elrond to be with someone of a higher rank, due to him being the leader effectively, but that was not to be.

Despite the reassurances of Elrond, you could not get it out of your head that you would not be suitable to be by the side of the man you cared for.

It was something horrible to think about as you wanted to be with him, however if it came to what was more suitable for the prosperity of Rivendell then you knew you would step away.

You were yet to inform Elrond of this as you did not want him to think that you were no longer wanting a relationship with him.

Elrond had invited you out on a walk with him that evening, to walk through the woodlands and admire the way the moonlight fell upon the scene.

It was strange to walk in such a silence but it was also a comfortable one.

"Why have you been quiet this evening Darling?" Elrond asked as you linked your arm through his.

You looked up at him and smiled. "I've been only thinking."

"What of?"

"Our future in this realm. If we can even have any future at all."

He then stopped walking, taking your hands in his. "We can have a future my dear. Any future we wish."

"If only that were true."

"Of course, it is try. Why would I lie?"

You shook your head, prompting Elrond to begin walking again. "I do not believe you would lie."

"Then why can we not have a future together?"

"Because this realm is not accepting of us. And for you to have a peaceful life, it would be best for your future to be with another."

Elrond sighed, and then leant down to press a gentle kiss to the top of your head. "I do not want my future with anyone else. I want it with you."

"Even if it means disappointing your people?"

"My people will learn and grow to accept change. Especially one that means as much as this."

He then wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug.

"My people are important to me Darling. But you...you are the most important one to me."

~*~

Written by Hannah.