Thranduil- Feelings: Part 1 (h)

Even though people would always reassure you that they wanted you around and that you were more than welcome in their lives – it wasn't the easiest thing for you to believe.

Whenever you looked at the people who surrounded you, you felt as if you paled in comparison but that was to no fault of theirs.

You had moved to Mirkwood when your parents had passed and you had a friend who lived there, so you moved to be close to someone you knew.

Despite having moved there for them, they had left shortly after you settling as they were no longer happy with a domestic life – one that you did not have yourself.

During your time in Mirkwood, you had gained yourself the reputation of a brave warrior after having fought alongside their army so many of the elves knew you.

Thranduil, the ruler of Mirkwood, had become a close friend to you but you knew that he would never return the feelings you harboured for him.

You were not suited to each other – the elvish women had long and beautiful locks whilst yours was kept short, you did not have a gown in your closet whereas the female elves had a separate closet purely for their gowns.

You just simply did not suit to him.

Even after considering those factors, amongst others, you couldn't help but hope that if you told him of your feelings he might possibly reciprocate.

Thranduil had made you a member of his army, making you the only human warrior but at least not the only female, and so you were permitted to use the training grounds whenever you pleased.

They were situated on high ground, meaning that the view over the city of Mirkwood was indescribable.

You had a habit of going when no one else was around to simply sit and think but not be disturbed.

However, you were unaware of the fact that Thranduil had begun to notice this.

As you were sat staring out over the city, footsteps sounded behind you before someone sat down next to you.

"Why are you here alone Y/N?"

"It helps me think."

"And what do you have to think about?"

You turned to face Thranduil. "If I told you, I am positive that you would not speak to me again."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"It is not specifically an aspect that I can announce to you."

Confusion clouded his features. "Then don't announce it, simply explain it."

You shook your head. "I do not know if I am able."

"Why?"

"As I said, you would no longer wish to speak to me."

"Just tell me Y/N."

You sighed, staring out at the distance as you did not want to see the look on his face. "I have had feelings towards you for the past two years."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request