Thorin Oakenshield- Box (c)

It was clear that Thorin had never thought that he would ever meet a human he found even remotely pleasant, let alone fell in love with and was about to wed. The two of you were an unlikely couple but nevertheless you loved each other and somehow it worked better than either of you could have possibly imagined.

Today was your wedding, and seen as you lived in Erebor with your soon to be husband, you were the sole human there, showing the clear height difference between yourself and Thorin as you stood at the end of the aisle.

When the two of you were alone, the height difference didn't bother you too much, it did damage his pride that you were able to lift him off of his feet when you wanted to kiss him, or had to pretty much double over to be able to kiss him properly. Although his pride took a fair hit he loved you so got over it, but hated the fact that anyone could think of him as any less of their king due to how he had to act with you. Somehow, he had managed to avoid kissing you around any of his subjects, minus his nephews whom happened to walk in on the two of you, and were sworn to silence if they wanted to stay alive.

The wedding was going perfectly up until the point that you were now officially married, and it was announced that Thorin may now kiss the bride. It was a slight predicament. Even on his tiptoes he had no chance to actually kiss you anywhere appropriate, whereas you could have leant down to kiss him, but you didn't fancy embarrassing the poor dwarf.

Really, it should have been something the two of you had considered before, but you didn't think about it. As you stood there for a moment too long, luckily you were saved by the voice of Thorin's youngest nephew.

"I know that it is expected to give gifts to the happy couple later, but I think it would be appropriate for mine and the rest of the companies early present to you both," Kili grinned.

"Does it have to be now?" Thorin said through gritted teeth. "We are in the middle of something here."

Kili was attempting to keep in his laughter under control as he pulled out what he deemed as a gift from behind the seat he had been sat in. You weren't quite sure what it was until he approached the two of you, dropping the handcrafted wooden box onto the floor.

Instantly you knew its purpose and you couldn't help but laugh at it, although it came to a quick holt as you received a glare from your husband.

You couldn't help your smile as you graciously held out your hands for him to take. He was reluctant to take them but finally complied and took a step up onto the wooden box so that he was actually an inch or so taller than you were. Although he had started off seeming relatively pissed, he now was rather content with the fact that he was actually the tall one now.

Thorin's calloused hands moved away from yours and up to cup your cheeks so that he could lean down and press his lips to yours. As soon as he pulled away you knew that you were mirroring his gleaming smile.

Even though it was a beautiful moment for the two of you, it was quickly ruined by the laughter of Fili and Kili filling the room. Both of your heads snapped to the princes, not being too impressed with them ruining the moment you were having.

"Never thought that I'd see my brother so happy to be taller than a human," Dis smiled.

"You're as bad as your sons," Thorin commented.

You pulled his attention back to you, in resting your palm against his cheek as he had done with you moments prior.

"Do not worry love. If this truly makes you happy, you may keep the box," you smirked. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.