Fili- Warm (c)

Times like this made you wish you were a dwarf. They were able to handle the freezing nights a lot better than a human like you could. It was so cold, yet most of them were lying in their bed rolls sound asleep, not shivering.

They had all agreed it was for the best if you and Bilbo slept closest to the fire, not being able to handle the cold weather like the dwarves could. But even though you were lying next to the burning flames it felt as if you were lying in ice. Even the hobbit on the other side of the fire seemed to be sleeping peacefully, unaffected by the cold.

You continued to shiver, slowly losing hope that you will be able to sleep at all tonight. As you continued to shiver, your teeth chattering, the dwarf in the bed roll next to you turned over so he was facing you.

"You okay?" Fili muttered, looking half asleep.

"It's cold," you whispered, not wanting to speak any louder, in case you woke anyone else up.

"You're right next to the fire," he stated.

"I know, but it's cold. Humans aren't made to lie outside in a thin bedroll, it will probably start to snow tomorrow. I'm not made for this weather," you shrugged.

He chuckled softly shuffling across the floor until his bedroll was right next to yours. His arms wrapped around you, pulling you to him. He was warm, warmer than you expected him to be, but you presumed it was due to him being a dwarf.

"What are you doing?" you whispered.

"Keeping you warm. I can't sleep with your teeth chatting it is annoying," he stated, pulling you even closer.

You were going to fight against his embrace but it was surprisingly pleasant. You snuggled closer resting your head on his chest, your arms wrapped around him also, stopping yourself from rolling away in your sleep.

"Thank you Fee," you smiled.

"You're welcome Y/N. If you ever need someone to keep you warm, I'm your dwarf. This is actually very pleasant," he laughed in a hushed tone.

You hummed softly, "You are warm, and with all of your fur coats this is very comfy, you also smell nice."

"I smell nice?" he chuckled.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud," you groaned, "sorry."

"It's okay. You smell nice too. But can we finish this conversation in the morning, as uncle will kill us if we're groggy in the morning because we were talking," he stated.

"Of course. Goodnight Fili."

"Goodnight Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.