Bilbo Baggins- Thorin (c)

You were looking for Thorin but had failed to find him in any normal place he would be so the last predictable place you thought he could be in was the throne room. This time you were correct which made you kick yourself for not searching there before the several other place you had looked for. As you walked towards him, you realised that he wasn't alone. He was sat in his throne as he would normally be, but Bilbo was stood on the stone arm of the chair so that he could lean over the top of the dwarf and place flowers in his hair. There was a basket of freshly picked flowers on the arm by the hobbit's feet whilst he hummed a pleasant tune, creating a beautiful design in the dark hair.

In seeing the sight of the two of them, you completely forget everything that you needed to say to Thorin, far more amused with what you had found. You hoped whatever you needed wasn't important as you let out a laugh, not expecting something so sweet and soft to ever happen in a room with Thorin there. Your gentle laughter caught the attention of the two, them both previously too distracted in the actions between them. Bilbo offered you a kind smile, continuing his job whilst Thorin looked fearful.

"It's not what it seems," Thorin said, clearing his force but he gained a disapproving look from his hobbit friend.

"My apologies, your highness, I didn't mean to disturb you," you said softly. "However, I am far more apologetic for my following actions."

Both of them looked confused until you turned around, cupped your hands by your mouth and shouted out the names of Thorin's nephews. They didn't waste anytime before they entered the room and laughter ensued. More dwarves were called into the room and everyone took great joy in what they saw.

Bilbo hopped down from his perch and approached you.

"You do know that he won't let you live this down," he said. "He's going to get his revenge."

You shrugged your shoulders. "You should have told me that the King let you put flowers in his hair. It suits him although I doubt that he will ever admit that."

"He held me to silence. It wasn't even my idea to do it. He has a softer side that he should embrace but you and I alike know that he will only hide it more now," Bilbo sighed.

"We can work on it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.