Fili- Hug (c)

Fili sat opposite you sharpening one of his many knives. Whilst he did so, you simply sat on the ground thinking.

Some days you did not feel overly good. You just felt like curling into a ball and disappearing, but you did your best not to show people that. Sometimes there wasn't much you could do other than curl up and be embraced by your bed, but that was usually just a backup solution to the desire to be held.

With feeling down, sometimes you just wanted to be held and hugged, but it felt too weird to just ask people. But being hugged made you feel better a lot of the time. Not 100% better, but at least a bit. It meant you felt the comfort you desired and it made you feel slightly more at ease.

Staring at the dwarf, which is all you could think of. You did not feel romantically for Fili, but you did care dearly for him in a platonic manner. It wasn't that big of a deal. It was only a hug. But why did you doubt just asking him so much?

In questioning all of your thoughts, he had noticed your staring.

"Y/N?" He questioned, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just thinking."

He raised an eyebrow.

The pair of you had known each other since you were very young, and you knew each other well, if not too well.

"Something is wrong," He stated.

"No, I'm fine," You said with a sigh.

"Don't lie to me. Something is wrong. You can tell me," he smiled softly, putting down the knife.

"It is nothing really. I just do not feel the best. But I will be okay."

He frowned at you.

"What can I do to make you feel better? I do not like to see you when you are sad," He said.

"I'll be okay."

He rolled his eyes at your statement. He stood up walking over to you. His hand reached out for you to take. Doing so he pulled up onto your feet.

Fili was slightly taller than you, and you were stood mere inches from each other.

"Do you want a hug?" He smiled.

You nodded.

He let out a soft laugh. He knew you too well. Fili leaning in wrapping his arms around you. You were pulled to his chest, and with his thick coats, it was a cosy hug. Just being held in Fili's arms made you feel a bit more at ease. He held onto you, keeping you in the warm embrace.

"Feeling better?" He asked into the hug.

"Getting there," you smiled wrapping your arms around him tighter.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.