Tauriel- Spider (c)

You had met Tauriel when you had been travelling with your cousin Bilbo and the company to Mirkwood. Although it had been unexpected you had hit it off with the elf right away and she had come to visit you in the Shire. Truthfully you had never thought that you could have even been friends but you loved her dearly and were happy to finally get time together again. Granted she was prepared for how low the ceilings in your hobbit hole were, but she was functioning fine.

Tauriel was in your living room whilst you went to the kitchen to make the both of you some tea. As the kettle boiled over the fire, you noticed something out of place on the wall of the kitchen. It wasn't as though you knew your kitchen like the back of your hand, however the horrific black dot that was on your wall was certainly not supposed to be there.

Without thinking a scream escaped your mouth, ringing through your house, gaining the attention of Tauriel who rushed to your aid. She appeared in the kitchen standing by you protectively, looking for the potential danger but she didn't see any form of threat.

"What happened?" She questioned.

You couldn't form a verbal response, only raising a shaky finger to point at what was terrifying you.

She took a step closer to it, still holding a defensive stance. Within a moment she realised there wasn't any threat, and laughed at your reaction instead. She gave you a sympathetic smile before cupping her hands around the small evil creature and throwing it out of the window.

"I can now understand why you insisted we meet in the Shire rather than in Mirkwood, you certainly couldn't cope with the spiders there if you are screaming that loud at a house spider," she smiled softly.

"It was horrific when we were there before. I hate those creatures and have no intentions to go back to Mirkwood whilst the forests are filled with those creatures. But thank you from protecting me from those horrific little monsters," you said gratefully.

Tauriel leaned down to kiss you firmly.

"I will always protect you, even if it is from a small house spider. If you need protection I am here for you no matter what."

"Thank you. That is one of the many reasons that I love you," you smiled fondly.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.