Fili- Shirt (c)

Since Erebor had been reclaimed and Thorin was in his rightful place as King Under the Mountain with his nephews by his side, there had been marvellous celebrations for anything and everything possible. Practically every night there had been a formal ball held in the royal halls of Erebor.

Tonight one was held, you weren't sure what the purpose of it was seen as most of them just merged together. Rather than having to walk home, Fili had offered you a place to stay in his chambers. You had known each other for a long time and although you weren't officially courting you were hoping that he would ask one day, but you weren't a dwarf meaning you knew it'd be highly unlikely Thorin would consent to his heir being with a lowly human.

Nevertheless, you were grateful to be allowed a place within the palace of Erebor even for just the night. Fili had escorted you to his chambers before waiting in the hall for you to get ready for bed.

Seen as you hadn't been prepared to rest for the night there, you hadn't brought anything to sleep in, and you certainly weren't prepared to sleep in your gown as it wasn't comfortable whilst you were stood, let along lying and trying to sleep.

Rather than having to walk into the hall in your undergarments to ask for suitable night attire, you rather rummaged through the draws in the room until you found a suitable shirt that you could wear to keep your modesty.

Pulling the shirt over your head, Fili called out asking if you were decent. You allowed him to enter the room whilst you attempted to remove the numerous pins from your hair and make it manageable for sleeping.

"Is that my shirt?" The blonde dwarf questioned as he closed the door.

"You could hardly expect me to sleep in my gown," you shrugged trying to comb your hair with your fingers.

"It's quite remarkable that you can look so stunning in both a gown and my shirt," he smirked.

"Why aren't you a charmer, my prince?"

A deep chuckle rumbled from his chest as he approached you. One of his hands pushed the hair from your shoulder so that his breath could press to the bare skin of your neck.

"I don't know if you knew this, but braiding someone's hair is considered a courting custom for us dwarves," he said softly, the breath from each word tickled your neck.

You turned slightly allowing your eyes to connect with his as you raised a single brow.

"Is that an offer?"

"Would you like it to be?"

No more words were said, you simply nodded your head once.

~*~

Requested by EleanorLearn .

Written by Charlotte.