Faramir- Injured (c)

You hurt badly. Your body ached and everywhere stung due to your skin being covered in cuts and bruises. You let out a groan as you tried to move on the bed but that was a bad idea to do so.

He came over to you carrying a small dish of water, and a cloth, presumably to clean up all of the blood that was covering your body, due to the open cuts.

"Still hurting?" he whispered.

You nodded.

"This will hurt, but I'm going to clean up the cuts and get them covered so they don't get infected. All of the healers are busy, but this shall do some good for now before one of the healers can come to you," Faramir smiled.

You and Faramir had been courting for a while now and he made you very happy. He wasn't officially trained as a healer but he knew a few things, and you trusted him with your life, so him just cleaning up your cuts and helping you now wasn't a big deal.

He dunked the cloth into the water and rung it out over the dish before softly running it over the exposed skin on your side and stomach. The small amount of pressure hurt you a lot but you tried to internalise the pain. You winced every time the cloth touched your skin causing him to hesitate.

"I am so sorry Y/N. I do not mean to hurt you," he said softly.

"I know you don't mean to hurt me. It just hurts a bit. But the quicker you finish it the quicker the pain will end," you said through gritted teeth, "Thank you."

He smiled softly letting one of his hands caress your cheek.

"Do not thank me. You would do the same for me. How many hits did you take out there? I thought I lost you. You are so lucky you aren't hurt any more than you actually are. I love you Y/N," he practically whispered leaning in and pressing his lips to yours.

When he pulled away he smiled down at you, with tears in his eyes.

"I was so scared I would lose you."

You let a weak smile on your face.

"I'm fine. I love you so much, I don't plan to leave you anytime soon," you smiled at him, "Now try to clean up these cuts, because they hurt."

He stroked your hair before continuing to run the damp cloth over your skin to clear up the blood.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.