Fili- Rope Bridge (c)

Fili and Kili had roped you into joining them to go to the Shire, where they were to meet up with their uncle, your king, and the others of the company. You weren't officially invited, being female and a dwarf was rare to come by meaning you were treated like one of the rarest jewels to lie in the halls of Erebor. However you didn't want to be protected and you were more than willing to take your role as the Princess to travel alongside your prince and his brother and then on further to Erebor to reclaim your ancestor's homeland.

It was be a near impossible feat but you were willing to give it a shot and you did your best to not let your fear and doubts lead you to falter. From the very beginning of the discussion in taking part in this it was clear it was unexpected for all of you to make it to Erebor, and you knew and accepted that risk.

However you did not believe the trip to the Shire to be a danger. No one had mentioned any real danger to get there, if anything it was supposed to be a peaceful and relaxing journey. But such luxury could not prevail.

As you continued the two male dwarves stopped. Peaking over their shoulders you saw a long rickety rope bridge covering the distance over the deep ravine. Looking around it seem as though this would be your only way to get to the other side without having to walk several miles out of your way to find an equally as horrific way of crossing.

"Kili you go first," Fili stated.

The brunette dwarf looked shocked at his brother's statement.

"Why me?" He frowned.

"Sorry Kee. But out of you, my wife and myself you are the most disposable of the three," he stated, "I'm not letting my wife die, and I'm not leaving her by herself."

Kili went to argue but knew it'd be best to just do as he was told. He looked sadly towards you and your husband before turning back to the bridge.

It felt as though you couldn't breathe the whole time he was walking but it got to a point where Kili could no longer be seen due to the fog now hiding him. He called out to tell you he had gotten then.

"I think you should go next Y/N," Fili stated, "I'll be right behind you."

You stepped closer to the bridge and held onto the rope barriers.

"Please tell me this is safe," you whispered uncertain as to whether you wanted to do this.

"This is safe," he stated clearly doubting the safety too.

"Please tell me this is safe, without lying," You demanded turning back slightly annoyed by the fact that he was lying even though it was in a way to protect you.

"...you're really demanding, you know that?" Fili chuckled.

You rolled your eyes at your husband, "I love you Fee. I'll see you on the other side."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.