Legolas- Spider (c)

The creature scurried across your room causing you to back into the corner with fright. You let out a shrill screech, warning you boyfriend of the intruder. Not once did your eyes leave the vile creature.

You watched as it moved horrifically across the room, climbing the walls. It wasn't bothered by your whimpering nor did it get startled by your screaming moments ago.

A sudden movement came from the door as it flung opened smacking against the wall. A blond elf appeared in the room armed with his bow and arrow. Almost instantly he lowered it not seeing what he expected to see.

"Where is the spider?" he questioned.

You held up your hand pointing a shaky finger to the wall that the evil creature was situated on.

Legolas closed to door to see the creature better.

He turned to you with a frown.

"You called me for this?" he asked.

You nodded frantically.

His frown faded into a soft smile. He threw the bow over his shoulder and cupped his hands around the vile thing and threw it out of the window. As soon as the spider was out of the building he walked over to your still slightly shaking form.

He pressed his hands softly onto your arms giving you a reassuring smile.

"You are really scared of them aren't you?" he asked.

You nodded.

He chuckled softly wrapping his arms around you pressing his lips to your messy hair. He rocked you slightly in his firm embrace.

"Do not worry my love," he whispered, "luckily for you I have slayed larger spiders than we find in our home."

You smiled up at him softly.

"Thank you Legolas," you said in a bare whisper.

"No need to thank me. We cannot let the Princess of Mirkwood be in fear in her palace," he smiled.

"I love you," you grinned.

He moved his hand to cup your cheeks, and leaned in pressing his lips to yours in a soft kiss. As he pulled away his lips turned back up into a smile.

"I love you too my dear."

"Thank you for removing the spider," you whispered.

Legolas let out a melodic laugh, as his thumbs rubbed soothing circles on your cheeks.

"Anything for the most beautiful and wonderful princess of Middle Earth," he smiled softly pressing his lips to the tip of your nose.

Your cheeks blushed slightly, as you questioned how you ended up with the gorgeous prince of Mirkwood.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.