Aragorn- Coma (c)

Your thoughts were clouded, and nothing was completely clear. The light burnt your eyes as they opened to mere slits. Although your eyes were now ever so slightly open all you could see was a bright light, and couldn't make out any shapes.

Noises were fuzzy, there were voices but you couldn't hear who it was or what they had been saying.

Slowly everything became vivid. You could see. You could hear. And you could feel the pain shuddering through your skull.

Vision began to focus and now you could see a relatively light and clean room. It was a room in Rivendell. Not one you recognised but it was clear that's where you were, you had spent so long amongst the elves you knew the place easily.

As your eyes scanned the room, you noticed the man next you. Once he noticed your eyes open his smile grew, as he leaned forward to take your hands in his.

"Y/N?" he whispered.

His eyes were red. He hadn't slept and from the tear trails on his cheeks he had been crying.

Aragorn and you had been friends for a long time. He was raised here in Rivendell, and you moved there as soon as you were classed an adult, welcomed with open arms. Since you had met him, you instantly fell in love with him. What wasn't to love?

The first thing that enticed you was his appearance, he was attractive, but not in the Elven purity that surrounded him in Rivendell. As soon as you spoke with him, you learnt of his morality, his compassion his personality as a whole was overly pleasant, and made you fall for him harder.

You let out a strangled croak unable to form any words currently.

"I am so glad you are okay. I was so scared I was going to lose you," he squeezed your hands softly, lifting one up, allowing him to press his lips to your knuckles.

He held your hand to his lips longer than you expected, allowing himself to take a deep breath, resting his nose and lips to your hand.

You raised an eyebrow unsure. He lowered your hand, letting his eyes connect with yours. His eyes were filled with sorrow and pain.

"You've been unconscious for seventeen days. The healer didn't know if you would wake up. I haven't left your side. Everyone else has visited often. Arwen was here earlier but I told her to go and eat, she had been here for over a day and hadn't eaten a thing," he whispered rubbing soft circles on the back of your hand with his thumb.

"Why?" you croaked.

"Why what?" he questioned slightly concerned.

"Why did you stay? You didn't have to stay the whole time, but you did. Why?" you whispered trying to keep your voice audible but not overly straining your dry throat.

His pale skin began to flush, his cheeks becoming crimson.

"I realised something whilst you were unconscious. I was so scared I would lose you. I have never felt that fear before, but I realised why. I'm in love with you," he smiled softly, "I love you Y/N. I think I have for a long while, but I was too scared to ever admit it."

Your smile widened across your face, as you shuffled on the bed. Your attempts to move weren't going very far, but you sat up slightly. Wrapping your hand around his wrist you pulled him closer to you.

You continued to pull him towards you until you could lean up to press your lips to his.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.