Fili- Hope (c)

Although you knew how important returning to your people's homeland of Erebor was for everyone, especially Thorin and his nephews, it didn't mean that you were happy that your husband was part of the expedition to reclaim it. Fili was a noble man dwarf and wanted to help put his family back on the throne, especially as he cared dearly about his uncle, but he didn't quite see all the dangers or have the concern that you did.

As he packed up his bag filled with everything that was necessary to travel to Erebor, you watched on thinking of all the terrible fates that could fall upon him. It took a couple of moments for him to notice your tear-filled eyes, forcing him away from his bag to make sure you were okay.

"Don't cry Amralime, what is wrong?" He smiled softly, cupping your cheeks in his calloused hands.

"I fear you shall not return here. There are many dangers ahead of you and I fear you shall be lost to one of them. I cannot bear to think that I may lose you," you whispered, trying and failing to keep your emotions under control.

He shook his head at you. "I must go. I am aware of the uncertain future, but I am hopeful that we shall succeed and be able to reunite, able to live in our rightful home."

Tears begun to cascade down your cheeks, forcing your husband to pull you close to him in a loving embrace. He held you close for a few moments before moving you back so that he could look into your eyes.

"Please hold onto hope that we will soon be back in each other's arms. I will do everything in my power to come back to you. It may take some time, but I will come back to you. Nothing in this life can keep me away from my wife," he smiled, raising your hand to his lips to press a gentle kiss to the reverse of it.

"Fili if you do not come back to me, I will not be happy. In the afterlife I shall kill you once over if you do not return to me," you said trying to seem threatening but that wasn't easy.

Fili let out a deep chuckle but nodded his head. "I will do everything in my power to come back to you as long as you hold onto hope of that."

You gently nodded your head before kissing him softly, knowing it may be the last one.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.