Fili- Battle (h)

It was always difficult when you had deep romantic feelings for someone, but they never returned those kinds of feelings to you.

Unfortunately, you never actually told Fili of your feelings for him because you were too worried about ruining the friendship the two of you had.

You had been unable to work up the courage to speak to Fili about how you felt, and everyone had been encouraging you to do so but despite their encouragements you couldn't find it within yourself to say something.

Basically, everyone around you knew that you had feelings for Fili, even his own brother knew but they had all agreed not to say anything to him because it was your secret to tell.

You couldn't have been more grateful to them all for agreeing not to say anything – if you ever did decide to say anything about your feelings to Fili, you waned yourself to be ready to do so but on your own time and not someone else's.

Everyone had been called out to help with a fight that had occurred between the dwarves and some orcs, the elves were coming to assist but aside from Legolas they were unable to get there at great speed.

As soon as you all got there, you were thrown into the deep end with defending your fellow dwarves but also trying to asses the situation as to who had already been wounded.

You fought of those who were against you but constantly kept your eye on Fili as much as was possible.

Kili was becoming outnumbered so both you and Fili ran to his aid, assisting him in fighting off the orcs that were quickly appearing.

"Why have they decided to attack now?" Kili questioned as he took a moment to breathe.

Fili sighed. "I do not know brother, but we can look for an answer to that once the battle is over."

Kili nodded in agreement before running to assist Thorin who had become outnumbered in the time that the three of you were fighting off others.

"I wish we knew why they were attacking."

You turned to Fili but watching as the orcs numbers slowly began to decrease. "There has been a long-standing feud between our kinds Fili, you are aware of that."

He sighed but nodded in confirmation. "Yes, but why an unprovoked attack?"

"Their kind do not have the intelligence to know what is provoked and what is unprovoked."

He chuckled at your words but was unaware to the orc advancing on him, unable to warn him you pushed him out of the way and took the injury from the knife yourself.

As you fell to the ground, Fili killed the orc that had stabbed you and he then fell to his knees to be at your side.

"Why did you do that?"

You grimaced in pain as you looked into the eyes that you loved so dearly. "It would've been you."

He shook his head as tears spring to his eyes. "You cannot leave me Y/N, you cannot leave any of us."

"You are safe, and you are unharmed," you told him, but your breathing was laboured. "I love you Fili, please live your life and be happy."

As you spoke your last words, Fili grasped your hand and processed what you had told him.

Despite the battle going on around him, he cradled you to his chest as he cried for the loss of a friend but also for the loss of the woman he loved.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request