Legolas Greenleaf- Baby (c)

You had done well to hide your pregnancy from the Fellowship, none of them knew. Well they all did now. And saying none of them knew was a lie. Legolas knew, only because he was the Father.

They all knew now. Your baby had perfect timing. Today was Aragorn's coronation, and you had planned to go just your baby clearly had different ideas. After hours of labour you were lying on a bed with your husband lying next to you, an arm draped on your shoulder, with your infant lying in your arms.

Seen as you were close to the coronation, due to planning to go there, you had someone explain your absence to Aragorn. You insisted that Legolas should go as there wasn't anything that he could do for you or your baby, but he could be there for his friend. He chose to stay with you.

Now that the pain was over and your infant was asleep in your arms, guests arrived. The doctor who had been with you for the last few hours only wanted you to have a couple of visitors at a time, so Aragorn and Arwen were sent in.

"So they were being serious," Aragorn chuckled, "I thought you guys just didn't want to turn up so made up something."

"Yes," you smiled softly.

"How and why did you hide it so long?" Arwen asked coming to stand beside the bed to look down at your sleeping infant.

"Honestly it wasn't hard to hide. The Fellowship aren't very observant. And if I did tell them they would have all treated me like I was made of glass, more so than they had already. It took me a long time to get Legolas to agree to let me continue the quest. He knew I'd go anyway, so it was better that he could keep an eye on me rather than let me go off on my own," you shrugged, trying not to speak to loud or more too much, as you didn't want to disturb the infant.

Arwen rested a soft hand on your shoulder smiling down at the child, before slyly looking out of the corner of her eye at Aragorn.

"Well at least now we know how important you found that quest, with what you two were getting up to," Aragorn chuckled.

You felt Legolas' chuckle rumble through his chest whilst your cheeks became crimson.

"Don't embarrass my wife Aragorn," Legolas laughed, pressing his lips to your cheek.

"My apologies."

"Leave them alone," Arwen said softly, "they are in love and now they are the sweetest family in the whole of Middle Earth."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.