Aragorn- Proposal (c)

You were stood alone, slightly bored. You could breathe due to how constricting your dress was, and every time you attempted to move you stumbled over the puffy skirt.

Even though extravagant balls were a normal occurrence now. You had been courting Aragorn for a long while, prior to coronation, and now he was King and you were his unofficial Queen.

When you met you never thought this would be the life you'd lead. You never thought you'd be stood losing your breath due to the gown you had been forced into by the servants. He didn't exactly enjoy throwing balls but he had to for important circumstances, but he didn't tell you the purpose of this one.

To be honest he hadn't told you anything about this one, he just told you to talk with people and he'd find you later on when he had finished some important business.

It had been a few hours since you had seen him and some noblemen asked to dance with you. You obliged even though movement was strained due to the tightness of the corset, and the flowing skirts.

Within minutes of finished the last dance you had been part of Aragorn appeared from the crowd taking your hands in his.

"I am sorry for my absence, I had to speak with some people," he smiled softly.

He lifted your chin, and pressed his lips to yours in a soft kiss.

"It is fine Aragorn. I understand that you being King is of the upmost importance, and you're here now so that's all I can ask for really," you smiled lacing your arm with his.

"Thank you for always being so understanding. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you," he said softly moving a stray hair from lying on your face.

"I wonder how I got you every day. You are so amazing Aragorn and I do not deserve you, but I'm not going to argue the matter," you whispered, smiling up at him.

He chuckled, "Come with me Y/N, I would like to speak in front of our guests, and I need you to be with me."

You nodded following him to the raised platform in the large hall. Aragorn cleared his throat loudly, gaining a wave of attention.

"Hello," Aragorn smiled, "Thank you all for coming here. I know I didn't exactly explain why you were all invited here but everything will become clear now."

Aragorn let go of your arm, putting his hand into his pocket pulling out a small ring. He took a step back, before getting down onto one knee.

"Y/N. Thank you for putting up with everything you have, from the fellowship to my coronation, you have always been there, making me happy. I love you my dear, and I never want to be apart from you. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.