Bofur- Coats (c)

When they finally cut you all down, you tumbled to the floor, not prepared for your restraints to be cut at the point that they were. Bofur who had already been cut down, quickly came to your assistance, helping you up from the floor.

All those who had been tied to the spit had been stripped down to their undergarments including yourself. Granted it didn't reveal any more skin that your normal clothing did, but it still was far from pleasant seen as you didn't exactly want to be around all of the dwarves nor Master Baggins without the many layers that usually concealed your form.

"Thank you," You smiled softly at the dwarf whom so far on the journey had been the only one willing to speak with you, without seeing you as a frail women, not that he didn't do his best to protect and care for you.

"You're welcome. Are you okay lass? I'm sorry if I kicked you, there wasn't much room for movement in those restraints," He asked, allowing his hand to linger on yours.

"I'm fine. Thank you. A little sore from the landing, but I've had worse. At least my legs softened the fall for Dwalin's head," You said slightly glaring at the older dwarf who had partially fallen on you.

The hatted dwarf laughed softly as Bilbo carried the clothing that had not been claimed by the other dwarves over to you both, struggling to walk holding the heavy coats and many layers you both had been wearing. You both thanked him as he dropped the small pile to the floor.

Slowly you both began to gather what were your own putting them on as you found them. After a few of your garments were back on, you felt a bit more comfortable, able to turn back towards the dwarf without the red hue covering your checks.

As you turned around only a coat lay on the floor, and you knew it wasn't yours. Looking towards Bofur you could see him struggling with the coat, unable to do it up, and clearly having a lack of movement in his arms.

A soft laugh escaped.

"I do believe you are wearing my coat," You stated holding the larger coat towards him.

He looked at you confused for a moment before eyeing up the fabric in your hand. Hastily he began to pull at your coat to get it off, but with a little of your assistance you got it off of him.

"Thanks," You smiled exchanging coats.

"I'm sorry. They looked the same, minus yours being a fair bit smaller."

You pulled on your coat, whilst he did the same with him finding it much easier to get dressed in his own clothes rather than yours.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked, giving you a concerned look.

"I'm certain. Just never been half roasted on a spit before, not a normal occurrence. But that is probably the best thing that'll happen on this journey. At least you helped me off of the floor," you smiled softly.

He gave you a queried look as if asking permission as he leaned forward until his lips pressed to yours for a mere moment.

Your smile grew at his boldness that, you had been testing for the journey so far.

"Well I am mistaken that and any subsequent ones shall be the best things that will happen on this journey," You stated the red hue reappearing on your cheeks.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.