Bard- Pregnant (c)

You let out a deep breath pulling the quilt up to your neck. How was you going to tell him? How would he react?

It was clear he was more than capable of being a Father, but would he want another baby? Would he want a baby with you? He loved his kids, but would he love your baby as much?

You didn't know why you were doubting yourself, he'd love your child, but would he hate you for having a baby?

Maybe he was happy now, adding another member to the family would ruin it. You were already struggling for money another hungry mouth would just put more stress on the family.

As well as Bard there were the kids. You were pretty sure they liked you, you treated them as if they were your own children but how would they react if they had a little brother or sister?

Just there was no room for ifs. You were pregnant and there weren't really any options of what you could do. Everyone in Laketown was hard done by, no one would be able to take in a baby if you put it up for adoption. But anyway you didn't want to lose your child, you wanted to have a biological child but you were so scared.

As you lay on the bed, you heard whispering.

After a moment of lying there someone sat next to you rubbing your arm softly.

"Y/N, you okay darling?" Bard asked.

"Yeah," you whispered keeping your eyes slammed shut.

"Then why are you in bed? You just ran in and went to bed," he sighed.

"I'm tired."

You knew you didn't sound very convincing but you didn't know whether now would be a good time to tell him what you found out, or where you had been.

"Where did you go love?" he asked softly.

"The healer."

He pulled the quilt down slightly so he could lean over to you to see your face.

"Are you sick my love?" he questioned resting his palm on your forehead to check your temperature.

"No," you whispered.

"You have been, being sick more often are you okay? Did they tell you what was wrong?"

You sat up and looked at your husband. The concern on his face was clear.

"I love you," you whispered.

"I love you too," he frowned, "what is wrong?"

"I'm pregnant."

His jaw dropped as you saw him processing what was going on. Suddenly he stood up pulling you with him. He wrapped his arms around you, lifting you and twirling you.

"You're pregnant?" he grinned, "we're having a baby?"

He put you down.

"You're happy?" you whispered.

"Of course I am. We are having another baby," he smiled, "the children will be thrilled. I am thrilled."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.