Kili- Courting (h)

Courting a prince was never easy, given the fact that he was always labelled as the rebellious dwarf and not one to settle down.

Needless to say, once he met you, his plan for the future completely changed.

He had planned to be the prince that focused on broadening the army of his kingdom, not necessarily focusing on his future romantically.

Whilst he was out on a quest of sorts, he had stumbled across you on your travels – for an unknown reason he asked you to join him and you had agreed.

Since that day, the two of you had been courting and gotten to the point where everyone close to you was aware that you two weren't going to be breaking the courtship.

It was a strange idea, to begin with, that you were courting a prince however you had never been happier.

For you, it had become routine to fall asleep in Kili's clothes as it comforted you when he was away.

It was an often occurrence for Kili to be away for long periods of time, whether it was a quest with Fili or a visit to a fellow kingdom for his Uncle.

When he would go away, it was worrying for you as there was never a guarantee that he would come back – the only reassurance you were able to receive was his letters.

You were awoken from your sleep by the door to your chambers being opened.

As you sat up in bed, you became aware that it was only Kili arriving back.

Once he noticed your gaze on him, he smiled before his eyes raked over your body.

Quickly shedding his outerwear, he made his way over to the bed in the middle of the room.

"Stop stealing my clothes my love" he spoke with his voice no more than a whisper.

You felt as if you could cry at hearing his voice after such a long time apart.

He pulled you into his arms after having sat down on his side of the bed.

You buried your face in his chest, wanting to savour the moment for as long as you could.

Gently, he pressed a kiss to the top of your head whilst continuing to hold you close "Words cannot begin to explain how much I have missed you" he mumbled into your hair.

You smiled as you pulled away and looked up at him "I'm just glad that you're finally back" you stated causing him to return your smile "Just don't leave me for that long again" you told him.

He chuckled but shook his head "My love, we have been courting for a long time now and that quest was the longest I have been without you by my side" he looked into your eyes whilst he talked "And I cannot possible think of a life where you are not with me" he stated.

You kept silent whilst he spoke to you, his voice was a sound you could never tire from.

Kili drew small circles on your skin due to his tunic having rode up "I propose that we end our courtship, and we marry"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by