Kili- Facial Hair (c)

It had been a long three hours of teasing and finally Thorin got bored of it, sending Kili off to stand watch whilst he told everyone else to settle down and try to get sleep. Rather than listening to the leader you went over and sat with Kili.

You weren't technically part of the company, you were an elf, and Gandalf basically forced you into the company which annoyed Thorin more than anything but at least now he listened to you, and acknowledged your existence.

Sitting down next to Kili he wiped away some tears, trying to hide the fact that all of their words had actually got to him and hurt him.

"You okay?" you whispered resting a hand lightly on his leg.

For the last few hours the company had teased the young prince about his lack of facial hair. Really you didn't understand all of the fuss, but you had never known of the importance of hair to dwarves. As an elf, facial hair was nearly impossible to find within your own kind so you weren't affected by the importance of it.

"I'm fine, go and rest," he frowned.

"No," you stated, "You're upset, want to talk about it?"

"Not really. I'm fine. It's just I am never going to find a wife, or be considered a real dwarf. Look at me I am never going to have impressive facial hair like the others," he sulked.

You chuckled rubbing his leg softly.

"Don't worry about it Kili. Not all of the female kind look for a partner with facial hair," you said in an encouraging tone.

"They don't?" he asked looking up at you.

"No. If you ask me, you are by far the most attractive dwarf I've ever met," you smiled softly, hoping your cheeks weren't becoming red with the heat that was growing in your cheeks.

"How many dwarves have you met?" he questioned.

"Thirteen."

He laughed softly, "So you think I'm handsome?"

You let out an awkward laugh, "Yes Kili. I quite like a man without facial hair, it makes for a comfier kiss, who wants hair to get in the way."

His eyes lit up as he turned around to be facing you. He reached his hand up to rest on the back of your head, allowing his fingers to lace with your hair.

"Can we test that theory?" he whispered.

You nodded softly.

He grinned pulling you face towards him. Your lips pressed against each other's in a soft and pleasant kiss. Although he didn't have a proper beard, he had stubble, which felt odd on your Elven skin, but it wasn't unpleasant.

When he pulled away his grin widened.

"So what did you think?" he smiled.

"I think I need to try again," you laughed.

Your hands reached up to tangle in his brunette hair pulling his lips back to your own.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.