Fili- Royal Love (c)

You had no idea why they threw this party. He wasn't even here. Everyone else was. Everyone of Erebor along with many noblemen from various kingdoms.

They had waited a few months before the coronation. I knew that Fili didn't want it to seem like he was replacing Thorin, and it hurt him so much that his uncle died but nevertheless he had to become king.

His coronation was today and a party was being held afterwards. Fili wasn't here. I didn't know where he was but you didn't want to worry yourself.

You pretended to enjoy yourself but you couldn't find either of your best friends. You had grown up with Fili and Kili, and had always been in love with Fili, even if he never felt the same way. After a while of speaking with the dwarves you had gotten to know from the company, you saw Kili walk into the room looking confused.

As soon as his eyes laid on you, he hastily walked across the room to meet you.

"There you are," he smiled.

"Where have you been?" you frowned.

"I apologise. I was with the king," he stated, "It feels weird calling Fee that. Not doing that again."

He smiled at you, causing you to smile also.

"Anyway. Fee would like to speak with you," he explained.

"Where is he?"

"In his chambers. This is all a bit overwhelming and he just wants a moment of quiet. But he wants to talk with you," he stated.

You nodded, excusing yourself before making you way to Fili's chambers. When you got to the door you knocked waiting for him to either open the door or call for you to go in. Once he shouted to you, you walked in to see him leaning on the windowsill.

He turned to you with a comforting smile.

"Hello your Majesty," you curtseyed.

You had no idea why you curtseyed or called him your majesty, but it felt like the right thing to do.

"I'm still Fili, Y/N. You don't need to curtsey or call me that," he sighed.

"Sorry," you smiled timidly, "you wanted to speak with me."

"Yes. I've been trying to get the courage to tell you this for a while. And now that I am king the others will be a lot more persistent in forcing me into marriage. I wish I had told you sooner," he stated walking closer to you.

"Pardon?"

Was he saying what you thought he was saying? Either he was for some reason telling you about getting married or he was telling you that your feelings were reciprocated.

"I am in love with you Y/N. I have been for many years. I know this is improper and I know technically because of you not being of a noble lineage this is completely frown upon. And I don't even though if you feel the same, but I don't care about being proper with this. I am in love with you and I couldn't see anyone else being my Queen," he smiled softly resting a hand lightly on your arm.

Your smile grew before it hit you. Even if he felt the same this could never be.

"I love you Fee. I really do. I can't explain how happy I am that you feel the same but this can't work. I can't do this to you. No one is going to except me as their Queen, you need to marry a woman who is from a noble family," you sighed.

He frowned at you.

"No Y/N. Everyone loves you. You are so kind hearted and I don't see how your family can be the reason we can't be together. If you love me and I love you, then why should anything stop us?"

You couldn't help but smile.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked softly letting his hand caress your cheek.

You didn't answer him, instead you leaned in and pressed your lips to his.