Fili + Kili- Labour (c)

You were in the middle of nowhere. There wasn't a person for miles let alone an actual town or village. You had no hope of finding another person of any race. You would have been happier with an elf with you than the two dwarves you currently had by your side.

"We have to get her to someone," Kili screamed.

"There is no one Kee. By the time she gets to them she'd already have given birth. She's going to have to have the baby here," Fili frowned running a shaky hand through his blond locks.

Another loud cry of pain escaped your lips as pain erupted through your stomach.

"What do we do Fili?" Kili whispered rubbing your back softly trying to help the pain when really it was doing nothing at all.

"I don't know, why do you think I've delivered a baby before? If anything it should be Y/N, that knows what to do," he frowned.

You glared at the brothers as the pain subsided for a moment.

"Why in Mahal's name do you think I know what to bloody do? It's not hardwired into women. All I know is this baby is coming very soon whether we are ready or not for it," you groaned, "Now I am going to sit on the floor and you two are going to try to co-operate and help me."

With that the dwarves lowered you down onto the grass, whilst our grasped your swollen belly.

This was never part of the plan. You had everything worked out perfectly. Dis would be there along with a midwife or doctor and they would be able to help you whilst Kili was there for moral support. But of course your dearest husband had to decide to travel with you and his brother, and you were making your way home when your water broke.

The two princes had no idea how to deliver a baby, neither did you for that matter and that terrified you. Older women loved to try and comfort you throughout your pregnancy by telling you horror stories of labour, somehow in their twisted mines that was what they called comfort. Sadly every one of those stories was running through your head now.

Tears fell down your face. Partially because of the pain that surged through you but also because of the fear that was consuming you.

"Kili," you whimpered.

He knelt down by your side cupping your cheeks in his hands.

"Y/N. It'll be okay. We may not have any idea what we are doing but we will deliver this baby and we will have another Prince or Princess of Erebor," he smiled warmly.

"I don't know if I can do this Kee," you whispered.

"You can do this. You are strong and I believe in you," he stated with a shaky tone.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to yours.

"Also you don't really have a choice," Fili shrugged.

"You are not helping," Kili frowned at his brother.

"It was the two of you that decided you wanted a child, not let's bring my niece or nephew into the world and we can then get the happy little family home," Fili smiled softly, "You know Mother is going to kill us all right. Her first grandchild."

"I'm sorry to inconvenience her. She will meet her grandchild in due time," you groaned.

After a few hours of shouting in pain, and pure annoyance of the idiocy of the brothers, you finally had your little baby wrapped in Kili's shirt, lying in your arms.

"You did it my love," Kili smiled sitting back on the grass wrapping an arm around you so he could look down at his son.

"Got any ideas for names?" Fili questioned, "Because I think he should be named after his favourite uncle."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.