Bard- Sickness (c)

He coughed and spluttered. He held his handkerchief over his mouth and nose as bodily fluids ejected from his body.

"Bed," you frowned pointing to your bedroom.

"You're being very forward my love," He chuckled with his hoarse voice.

You frowned at your husband.

"You know I do not mean like that. Now head to bed, you are sick and are not going to get any better unless you rest," you sighed crossing your arms over your chest.

"I don't want to rest," he whined.

"If the children were sick, you'd send them straight to bed whether they were whining about wanting to stay up or not. Go and rest my love, I will make you some tea and soup, and you will be feeling better in no time," you smiled softly.

He pouted, but his sad expression ended quickly as he sneezed loudly into his handkerchief.

"Bard, go lie down for a bit," you whispered to him.

He stood up from the chair, stumbling over to you and using you to keep himself stood up.

"Lie with me," he croaked.

"Oh you know how to make a woman feel special," you chuckled, "Lie with me," you laughed attempting to imitate his croaky voice.

He tried to laugh but his voice broke and it ended with him coughing into the handkerchief again.

You smiled at him kissing his temple.

"I'll lie with you for a short while but if I get sick then it is on your head," you sighed.

He leaned on you to help himself walk without falling over due to his shaky legs. With some wobbly steps you got him to your bed, where he practically collapsed onto it. You chuckled as he attempted to fidget across the bed so he could lie down on one side of the bed rather than being sprawled out over the whole mattress.

You sat down on the edge of the bed, shuffling on, onto the bit of the bed Bard wasn't sprawled over.

You snuggled up against him wrapping your arm around him his waist resting your head onto his chest. He fidgeted slightly so he could lie a hand on your waist. You felt his lips press to the top of his hair.

"Rest Bard, it'll make you feel better," you whispered.

Instantly he let out a yawn causing you to smile.

Bard was very stubborn and he didn't want to go and rest when he was ill but lying with him generally got him to sleep and it meant he would feel a lot better a lot sooner.

After a while of lying with him you heard his soft snoring.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.