Legolas Greenleaf- Dress (c)

You were one of the bravest warriors in Rivendell. You were the captain of the guard, and known for being able to fight better than all the men of Rivendell even if a lot of them would like to argue over that point.

Due to your job and the need for mobility you were never wearing a dress. You knew women were expected to wear dresses to emphasise their femininity but they were certainly impractical to wear if you were to efficiently fight anyone or anything. You had got so used to wearing trousers, dresses were uncomfortable and if you had it your way you were never to wear one.

Lord Elrond treated you basically like a daughter, you had lost your parents at a very young age, so he cared for you. Just as he treated you as a daughter he was using you for political reasons, which he would have done with his actual daughter, but even if he wasn't happy about it she was deeply in love.

His plan was for a marriage alliance with Mirkwood involved trying to get you to marry Legolas the prince of Mirkwood.

Lord Elrond was throwing a ball this evening for you to publically show your courtship. You had met Legolas many times and started courting but other than your families and a few others no one knew of the upcoming wedding.

Currently you were stood in your chamber with servants holding up a variety of dresses they suggested you should wear to the ball. Just you weren't too happy about having to wear a dress.

"Give me one good reason why I should wear a dress," you frowned at them.

"So I can rip it off of you later," a voice came from behind you.

You span around to see a smiling Legolas.

"You are all dismissed," you said to your servants waving your hand in a dismissive way.

Your red faced servants ran from the room leaving you alone with him.

You walked towards him grabbing his collar pulling him into the room closing the door behind him.

He smiled as you let go of him. He walked around you and looked at the dresses that were leaning on various items of furniture.

"This one."

"Pardon?" you frowned.

He turned around holding one of the dresses. He handed it to you.

"You would look beautiful in this," he smiled.

"I guess if you want me to wear it, I can," you chuckled.

~*~

Written by Charlotte