Thranduil- Lost (h)

Looking after a child was never going to be easy, let alone a child that had lost their mother at such a young age.

Your heart went out to Legolas – he was only small and would grow up with very few memories of his mother, only what had been painted of her before she got ill.

Of course, your heart went out to Thranduil also as he had lost a wife as well as his queen.

He never showed that it hurt, rather distancing himself from everything else but you could only hope that he'd soon return to the caring father and king that he had been in the past.

With you having known Thranduil from when you were both young, he had given you the job of being Legolas' nanny after his mother's passing.

And so, you became Legolas' new best friend; a job that you utterly adored.

Whilst you had been rocking Legolas to sleep you had sung him a lullaby that your mother always used to sing you, even once he was asleep you continued to sing.

Walking around the room with him in your arms, you sang to him in your mother tongue.

"My mother sang that to me also," a voice spoke up from the doorway causing you to jump.

You turned to see Thranduil stood in the doorway of Legolas' nursey with a ghost of a smile on his face.

Gently, you placed Legolas down in his bed before turning back to Thranduil.

"You weren't supposed to hear that," you told him quietly as the two of you went to the balcony of his room.

He chuckled lowly. "Why not Y/N?"

"I don't suppose that my singing voice is the most pleasurable your highness," you stated matter of factly.

He sighed. "You do not need to address me as such Y/N, you are aware of this."

"You are still my king," you said in your defence.

He nodded in agreement. "Yes, but I am also your friend."

"The only one you trust with your son it seems."

Thranduil turned to look into the room, smiling fondly at his son. "I am unsure how I am going to do it without her."

Sighing, you placed your hand on his arm. "You won't be doing it alone."

"She left me alone."

Shaking your head, you moved his face so that he was looking down at you. "She did not leave her son of her own accord nor did she leave her husband of her own accord either," you stated firmly. "You lost your wife, Legolas lost his mother and the people lost their beloved queen,"

Thranduil said nothing as he listened to you.

"We all lost here Thranduil, and we are all still grieving," you whispered as he reached out to grip your hand. "None of your people expect you to not to grieve."

"Grieving is weakness Y/N and we do not need weakness in our realm."

You sighed again, stepping away from Thranduil but he grabbed your wrist before you could go back into the room.

"I am lost without her," he admitted softly as he stared out over the land. "I feel as if there is no moving on from this."

Thranduil allowed you to pull him into a hug. "The pain will cease in time your highness," you whispered into his ear as you went up onto your tiptoes. "And until then, you have those who you can lean on."

"I only want you," he whispered in return whilst looking into your eyes.

A gasp left your mouth, but a smile soon appeared. "If that is your wish your highness," you responded causing a rare smile to appear on his face. "You shall not do this by yourself."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.