Thorin Oakenshield- Kiss (c)

You smirked at him twirling the key on your finger. The other dwarves were making their way out of the dungeon but only one dwarf was left in his cell, and you weren't going to let him out easily.

He had caused you hell for the whole journey but you liked him, a lot. He was unpleasant, he was abrupt, he didn't care but he was intriguing.

Even though he was a pain in the arse throughout the journey, you had been slightly romantic, flirtatious, and at a minimal extent caring.

"Are you going to let me out?" He grunted.

"I will, but I have a few questions first," you grinned.

"What? Is it appropriate now? I am in a cell, we need to get going," he growled.

You smirked at him resting a hand on the cell door, keeping the other one out of his reach as it held the key.

"It is very appropriate Thorin. You are in a cell, you have lost your power, and you'll have to answer my questions if you want to be free," you smiled.

He let out a groan, frowning at you.

"So what is it that you want to ask?" he frowned.

"Do you like me?" you asked.

You realised how blunt the question was, but there was no point in beating around the bush, you wanted an answer, so you weren't going to make a fuss about how to ask him the question, as that'd just mean he'd make a fuss about the answer.

"Pardon?"

"Do you like me?" you questioned.

"Of course, you are a valid member of my company."

"Thank you, but I didn't mean like that. You know exactly how I meant Thorin Oakenshield," you stated, "Better be quick, if an Elven guard comes along, and I don't know if I'll have time to let you out."

He grunted again, rolling his eyes. He let out a sigh before looking you in the eyes.

"I like you Y/N, okay? But we'd never be able to be together. You are not of royal blood, you are not even of Dwarven blood," he said softly resting his larger fingers over your smaller ones.

"You're the king Thorin. You make the rules," you whispered.

"You'd want to be with me if you could?" He asked looking confused.

"I guess. I like you Thorin, so by the looks of it you are the only one standing in the way," you said in a soft tone.

He smiled softly rubbing your hand with his fingers in a comforting manner.

"Can we talk about this later? We need to get out of here, or there will be an Elf stood in our way," he sighed.

"One more thing, then I'll let you go," you smiled.

"What?" he asked.

"Kiss me."

He raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I said kiss me. Then I will know you want to try this out, try to be in a relationship. If you do not want to kiss me, I will let you out, work for you in the company and never try anything like this again," you stated.

You stepped slightly closer to the bars giving him a chance to pull you closer to kiss you. And that's what he did. He took his hand off of yours and pushed it through the bars to hold onto your shoulder, pulling you towards him. Your face pressed to the bars, he leaned closer pressing his lips firmly to yours through the gap.

After a second he pulled away with a goofy grin. You smiled at him but let you mind leave the thoughts of the kiss to put the key into the lock and undo it pushing the door open.

Without a form of hesitation you grabbed the edges of his coat pulling his lips back to yours.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.