Fili- Interrupted: Part 2 (c)

It was the worst moment for you, stood in the throne room stood beside the dwarf you love, his uncle sat in his throne with an unamused expression on his face.

"Uncle," Fili started, "I wish for your blessing to wed Y/N."

Thorin cocked an eyebrow at you, moving in his seat to analyse you. You had both doubted he would give his blessing. Fili was the prince of Erebor whilst you were merely the seamstress's daughter born out of wedlock. You were a no one and you doubted you'd have ever been in love with a Prince, but you were. Fili was your life and you were his.

"She is not of noble blood," he stated. "She is not even from a respected family. She is a bastard."

You paused looking down, not wishing to anger the king but you didn't want to lose Fili. The two of you had been together for too long in hiding and there was more that made you wished to keep him by your side.

"Her family is not the matter uncle. She is the woman I love," Fili smiled softly.

"How do you know you love her? You barely know each other."

Fili let out a sigh. "We have been courting in secret."

He moved your hair to reveal the braid and bead hidden amongst the tangle of your locks. If he were not royalty, you would have been wed already, but with fear of his uncle's reaction you tried to keep it hidden as long as you could. Now you could no longer hide it.

"You betrayed my trust," Thorin exclaimed. "You sneak around behind my back and assume I shall bow down to you to give you what you wish."

You flinched at the loudness of his voice, but Fili held you in his arms as though he was protecting you.

"We knew you wouldn't agree of our relationship," Fili stated. "Do not blame Y/N, she wished to be honest, but I was selfish and said we should hide out love. I wish for your blessing as my Uncle, not as a King. If you do not agree with our marriage, we shall not back down. We shall still be wed, even if that means I shall lose my title."

"Why now?" Thorin asked raising from his seat. "Why do you decide to bring your relationship to my attention? My distaste of it is not going to change."

Fili looked at you for permission. You nodded your head.

"We are with child. We do not wish to have them out of wedlock. If we had done what we originally wished, we would have been wed months into our courtship," he explained. "So please Uncle, your blessing would mean the world to us."

Thorin paced in front of his seat, turning towards the two of you, his eyes narrowed and pointed.

"You shall not receive a blessing today," Thorin stated. "I must think, return here tomorrow."

Withthat the King of Erebor left the room, leaving the two of you together,concerned for your fates.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by